Jts7962
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Re: Will we ever see the AirPlay 2 update for SoundTouch?

You've been saying this for 2 years now...

Highlighted
spudohio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

@Hector_B:

I think you grossly underestimate my level of frustration considering I made a rather significant investment in SoundTouch equipment based on misinformation (or flat-out lies) provided by your company in July 2018 when said purchase was made.

And certainly you can appreciate that, without Bose providing any specific information on AirPlay, I do not believe that it is actually coming.

#WishIBoughtSONOS #BoseFail
Jts7962
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

It really shows a lot about a company who pushes "high end" products to their customer base at premium prices and give them a big old f*ck you and discontinue support for new features just after a year or two.

I own a Lifestyle 650, soundtouch 300, 2 soundtouch 20s and a soundtouch adapter for my garage stereo. After TWO YEARS of waiting for airplay 2 support after the annoucemnet, I can 100% say that I will absolutely never purchase another Bose product again and will certainly spread the word of my experience. 

They boast Airplay 2 support for their new Home speaker line while comepletely negleting their proprietary soundtouch line that their long time customers have spent thousands of dollars on after making blatent promises to update while consistently not delivering on said promises. 

They are truely a garbage company who just gets bored with a product line and drops support for it aside from "minor bug fixes". 

sam234
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

Lies and disrespectful.
LeeMcCullar
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

Still nothing!!!! I, too, bought and expanded my SoundTouch 300s.....have two whole systems and wireless adapter to whole home audio system....under the guise that AirPlay2 would be added! This is very frustrating, and steered me away from Bose in some other product decisions in 2019.....Bose PLEASE rectify this, and bring your long term, unfulfilled promises to fruition!!!
2pfspiff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Not for nothing, you have been talking about adding Airplay 2 for 2 years.  I just purchased the Soundtouch audio adapter for my sound bar, I have the Soundtouch 20, 10 and the SA-5 along with 251 outdoor speakers and I am ready to buy the free space 51 speakers for the back of the property.  Please have you software developers work on Airplay 2 for the soundtouch system?  The excuses that you keep giving us are getting old.  I would rather you tell me that I am S out of Luck then to keep stringing the soundtouch community along with your Bull S.

Yanno
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 17, 2019

Perhaps we should give Bose until the end of this month, June 2019, to provide an update or a roadmap to Airplay2 updates then we will all know for sure.

Time to S or get off the pot Bose!
Andy st user
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Hi all ST users. Got an interesting update for you hopefully in next few days. Look out for my message
Plasmanut
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Well, now I am really intrigued...

Scott L.
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

@Andy st user wrote:
Hi all ST users. Got an interesting update for you hopefully in next few days. Look out for my message

Is this good or bad news?