Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Will we ever see the AirPlay 2 update for SoundTouch?

@Throwarockatme wrote:

So it’s now Feb 23, and so far no one has posted feedback about receiving the update. I’ve been waiting for it myself, but so far nothing. Has anyone actually gotten it?

On February 18, 2020 the Bose Community Manger wrote:

Starting on Tuesday, February 18th, the 24.0.7 firmware update will be rolled out for Bose SoundTouch Speakers. The update will roll out in phases and you may not receive the update until February 25th, 2020.

People are reporting they have received the update and installed it without event. Others are reporting problems trying to self install unauthorized “manual updates.” I haven’t received my notice about the update yet. I am sure it will arrive in due course on or before February 25th. 

This has to be the most anticipated firmware update in the history of firmware updates. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

It’s here!  I received the update this evening, and now I’m enjoying a little Sting via AirPlay 2. 

Bose:  Thank you for delivering this.  It’s appreciated!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

We’ll finally  got it, after 4 years asking for this update  yesterday I installed it in my SoundTouch ecosystem and works great. I was very frustrated with Bose they made us wait to much but thanks. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 17, 2019

Yes, thank you (at last) Bose!!!

Now, any chance of getting SoundTouch working with Alexa 🙂

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2017

My SoundTouch 10 updated but no AirPlay, on providing my serial number to the Bose support person they've arrange a return for repair.

Purchased the SoundTouch 10 in Nov 2015 so probably part of the batch without the Apple AirPlay hardware. Free service from Bose on a 4 year old speaker so I think that's good service and worth the wait.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Same for me, my ST10 and one of my 20's I think I purchased around Jan 2015 and so not working with Airplay 2, but have sent them off to Bose service.  Now just have to wait a few weeks(?) to get them back.  I don't mind waiting another few weeks for Airplay 2 on them, but sort of inconvenient to not have them at all in the meantime.  Still, in the end it will be worth it.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

Installed ok to 3 of my ST10's but appears it won't recognise or play to paired speakers - so that was a  waste of time & effort!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

call Bose customer service, my upgrade took clearly....the chips in the speakers weren't functioning correctly so they paid to round trip my sneakers to have the chip issue reasilve...2-3 weeks turn around  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Re: Will we ever see the AirPlay 2 update for SoundTouch? - YES!

THE UPDATE DROPPED!  It looks like a normal update but after it does it you get a screen that states airplay 2 has been added and I EVEN USED IT!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

Re: Will we ever see the AirPlay 2 update for SoundTouch? - YES!

Well all seems fine apart from stereo pairs that don’t show up ☹️