akito7
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 11, 2019

Re: Will we ever see the AirPlay 2 update for SoundTouch?

I doubt that they are really developing airply2. All development projects will proceed with development schedule. However, bose says that development is in progress, not giving any schedule from last year. As I know, not every development team in the world says, "I do not know when it will be, but it will be completed."

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

I expect if we ever see it it will be in a  new version of hardware. I'm not expecting it in any thing i have now. By the way I think it is early 2019 now.

@akito7 wrote:

I doubt that they are really developing airply2. All development projects will proceed with development schedule. However, bose says that development is in progress, not giving any schedule from last year. As I know, not every development team in the world says, "I do not know when it will be, but it will be completed."

Akdyson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 18, 2019

I think I’m done with Bose. Been waiting so long for this update to get constantly fobbed off by them and then for them to release new gear ahead of it. I’ve been contemplating it for about a year now to get shot of them and go sonos.

“2019 this year” pound bet it will likely be December and still not then.

I end up using the speaker system with contentment. They don’t treat their customers or fan base right and quite frankly Bose. You’ve gone lost another one.

Peace out Bose.
Flax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 3, 2019

Well... I just sold all of our Bose gear (5x SoundTouch 10, SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass) and we will never go back to Bose in our home again. Their hold off to us customers on Airplay 2 is just flat out embarassing. We’ve been waiting so long but nothing happens just “this will happen sometime in the future” reports. I really don’t think they care the least. We’re done and very happy on another brand now.
Sorry Bose but it would be nice if customers was a priority for you.
DB11
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

t's been almost 2 years that the local store has been telling me they will have an upgrade to Airplay 2 but I don't think the hardware (such as SoundTouch 10 that they said would get Airplay 2) can support Airplay 2 processing requirements.  They just need to be straight with us.  They have a great sound signature (particulary these days) and very solid hardware but I think their whole software team needs to be replaced.

AlexRVA
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

I did the same now. Sold my Bose system and kept just the SoundTouch 30 for my daughters room. Should have bought Sonos from the start. Really disappointing.

DJDavidD
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

So where are we Bose? Still figuring out how to code in BASIC? Or do we have Airplay 2 compatibility before Radio Shack announces that they upgraded their Tandy Computers to the standard?
DJDavidD
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

DJDavidD
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

So where are we Bose?
Clayandivy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Dear Bose,

Thank you for your empty promises. I would sell my soundtouch speakers on Craig’s list but would never want anyone to suffer the pain. Throwing them in the trash and upgrading to Sonos. Maybe you can incorporate a tape casset in your next update. Best of luck with extinctsion, Bose the Dinosaur.

Clay