Plasmanut
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Re: Will we ever see the AirPlay 2 update for SoundTouch?

I wonder why Bose sleep bud owners are given a special status by being offered a full refund basically less than a year and a half after a product release while we SoundTouch owners are being ignored about poor music service support, poor app and speakers cutting out or disconnecting and promised features like AirPlay 2 not being implemented?

g0002
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2018

I received an email form Bose today (advertisement) with the subject heading of “See what You’ve been missing from Bose.” I felt it unnecessary as I know what I’ve been missing from Bose......Airplay 2 for SoundTouch! 

wagyk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Hahahaha! 
bose send mails? Bose is alive ???

noooo impossible !!

Where is my airplay 2????????????

jq371
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

It does seem a little high tech for Bose to be sending emails? 
I thought they’d still be stuck on letters in the post, or smoke signals.. I guess they do know it’s 2019

wagyk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Hahaha you right !!!

Scott L.
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

I want my money back. All $3,000.00+!!! This is ridiculous.

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

they will never send out this update. if they did there would be now reason to buy the new junk they are selling. And if you ever say some thing they do not like on this forum they will delete it. They are good in only saying it is in deveolpment and they have no timeline. 

I used to be a Bose fanboy. but not any more. I got rid of my lifestyle 650 as they never could fix simple HDR issues and I got tired of waiting for updates. They do not know how to get stuff working. If they did it would be. And now to blame Apple. Why is it every other manufacturer has been able to provide this? 

I am now very happy that my lifestyle system is gone. I an not sure the guy who bought it is happy. Maybe if he likes stuff that only does what Bose says. Is 5.1 and old tech. I am sure Bose will have some new systems out soon again that have more features. But they will never add to what's out now.

Let's see they provide high $ products and low class support. I think they now rate out there with the cable companies. 

Hilarius_derTraurige
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

It is hopeless. Bose refuses information to the customer and does not seem to fix the compatibility issues. I will return my BOSE devices to my dealer.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Jereld wrote:

@rickatk wrote:

Some users have seen fit to sell of their gear for reasons I don’t quite understand. I see much dissatisfaction around unstable networks and lack of Airplay. I make my posts with the view that not everybody is dissatisfied with their Bose purchases and not everybody is experiencing these problems. Any problems that do arise have been quickly resolved with updates or the assistance of moderators on this forum. In short not everyone is dissatisfied with their Bose gear!

I am really down on Soundtouch, but I am genuinely happy for you that your gear is still working.  Truth be told, my ST gear still worked when I sold it.  I don't think the issue for a lot of people is that their stuff has stopped working.  It's that in recent years other companies have emerged that are arguably outpacing Bose at every turn (including sound), for significantly less money.  It is really hard to defend your investment, or any future investments, when there are better options for less.  

While your experience has been good, all it takes is a glance at this thread to see why people are not happy.  Some are upset because of AirPlay 2, others are upset due to Bose's overall approach to customer communications, and the confusing and disastrous Smart Speaker launch.  While others are just upset that their investment has been outpaced by the competition.  It's hyperbolic - but also probably true - to say that thousands of ST owners are leaving Bose and not looking back back.  So while your experience has been good, realize that you are in the minority here.

Thank you for the polite and reasoned post. I can’t argue that there are many people in this forum that are experiencing difficulties and dissatisfaction with their Bose products. After all, like many user forums this is where people go to look for solutions to their problems and complain. Not unlike other forums where people hate their products and the manufacturer, out of frustration. 

I like to post about my positive experiences to keep it real. While I may be in the minority I suggest that there are many people quite satisfied with their purchases that never visit this forum.

I find some of the communications strategies employed by Bose concerning when contrasted by rather lengthy periods of apparent inaction. Again not surprising for a large corporation. Bose has stated for some time they are working on an Airplay solution and now XML. Once day we may see that solution or Bose may simply announce their attempts have been abandoned. Apple did this respecting wireless charging. 

As far as things not working, quite often the problem lays with individual setups, some configuration error or conflict. I ran into that when I moved my router closer to one of my ST 30 speakers after moving. The problem was solved quickly with thanks to one of the forum moderators.  

I read about some setups with multiple 3rd party devices all trying to work with CEC and Arc. Consumers certainly do like to put their gear through the paces. I have found success by keeping the peripherals to a minimum. I stayed away from CEC for years. When I finally decided to set up my gear using CEC low an behold it worked! One cable tuner, one Apple TV  and One Blu-Ray disk player. 

In short, I too have had those days when I want to resort to throwing in the towel. With a little persistence the problems do get sorted out. As far as Airplay goes, we are talking about adding a feature to discontinued equipment which has already been relegated to “Classic” status in this fast paced electronics world. But that doesn’t mean it’s time to chuck the gear. My gear is aging but still works and sounds very well.

Thank you for the exchange.

richjn
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

I can only talk for myself but I doubt I'm alone here.

My beef with Bose is simply that I purchased ST on the promise (by both the retail store and the Bose websites) that Airplay 2 was "coming soon" I purchased in August 2018 and, at that time, delivery of Airplay 2 was slated for the end of 2018.

Until Bose actually deliver Airplay 2 or 'Come Clean' I have no intention of letting this thread die or the topic be forgotten as it increasingly looks like Bose is hoping it will.

Just because ST is now "Classic" doesn't detract from the fact that (I at least) was duped at the point of purchase and Bose should rectify that situation by delivering on their promise or offering full refunds to those that purchased in similar circumstances.