davidmelis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

Re: Will we ever see the AirPlay 2 update for SoundTouch?

I trust Bose that they will update to AirPlay 2.  Hope it is soon!

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@richjn wrote:

Just because ST is now "Classic" doesn't detract from the fact that (I at least) was duped at the point of purchase and Bose should rectify that situation by delivering on their promise or offering full refunds to those that purchased in similar circumstances.

Fair statement and I too would be disappointed if I bought something on a promise that hasn’t materialized. I think it is also fair to say Airplay 2 will show up on SoundTouch gear until it doesn’t. My reference to Classic unfortunately is a way of saying Airplay showing up for this older line is looking less and less likely. 

Hilarius_derTraurige
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Bose sticks to the "Airy 2 transparency strategy" -> macOS 10.5 Catalina and SoundTouch app.

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 02.10.31.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-10 at 02.18.18.png

Andrew_O
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

however, Bose wont give any commitment when.... 😉

Plasmanut
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

@rickatk wrote:

As far as Airplay goes, we are talking about adding a feature to discontinued equipment which has already been relegated to “Classic” status in this fast paced electronics world.

I must respectfully say that this is a disingenuous comment. Obviously, if you wait 2.5 years to implement a feature on any piece of electronic hardware, you could make the same claim. 

Let’s stop making excuses for Bose and let’s top pretending they are doing us such a huge favour by (allegedly) working on AirPlay 2. They made their bed and now they need to figure out a way out of this mess, which they have chosen to ignore. On top of being 2 years behind, they are slapping us in the face every day by opting for the worst form of public relations tactics, which is not communicating with your customer base. 

They’re not getting any sympathy from me. They promised this feature. Then deliver or make it right for your customers. Simple. 

dantaco
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Can anyone PM me any/all documentation they've collected where in 2017 Bose advertises upcoming Airplay 2 for Soundtouch? Asking for a friend 😉

Scott L.
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

[Edited by Moderator] BOSE made tens of thousands (if not hundreds) on customers buying their SoundTouch products with the promise of AirPlay 2 functionality. Does anyone know what the first step is? They put this in writing many times and their employees told me the same in the store. There must be something here.

Elcapitano
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

LOL

My god. I am so happy I switches to Sonos. Zero problems, very good app. It works that I can always find my speakers now... with Soundtouch this was like a slot machine.

Bose is deceiving his customers with false promises. Good bye Bose. This x-mass it will be Sonos under the tree, black friday was also a good day for Sonos.. I feel bad for the people that invested a lot of money in Soundtouch. 

Also LOL on the new line up, what a design flaw