VivianHT0363
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

Re: Will we ever see the AirPlay 2 update for SoundTouch?

I have a Soundtouch 300 and a SoundTouch 30. I was planning to buy one other SoundTouch 30 but I am thinking about selling everything and switching to Sonos.

I have never seen a company with a technical team who does not have a roadmap and cannot communicate a release date. If you don't hide anything from us, you should fire your tech director and hire a real one who is able to define a roadmap. 

I am really disappointed as I am waiting for 2 years without any clear communication from you.

XxGhostxX
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

@wieland@degrendel.eu

You are right, we need to level up.

CEO would be a bit high, but maybe marketing chief or a tech blog (eg macrumours.com)?

(The last time a tech blog wrote about Bose (Internet radio -> tune-in), "custom URL" was added within a short time)

nobody in the community has the information we need or is allowed to share

Gangi
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

We have 21k views of this thread and still nothing from bose. Do you have an e-mail to somebody higher than mods? Maybe can we spam their social media about fake promises to warn potential customers?

I dont see my post about airplay2 that i wrote yesterday. Did you deleted it? Seriously? What a hell is going on here????

Bach-Holst
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

I'm all in. They SUCK

PlungingExpectations
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

I have just sold my 300 soundbar and am about to sell two ST20 and one ST10. Replacing with HomePods. 

Feel utterly conned and would never buy Bose again. Have rarely seen such poorly functioning software. Have rarely seen such disregard for customers. 

Gangi
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Good move. I think we will never see update. Mods deleted my post with question of airplay. I’m looking for something new, maybe Sonos or dynaudio? And of course I will sell my st30 and 10. They messed up all of the way, they don’t even answer. @Brandon_M @Brandon_C I think we should write that in every their post on Facebook and Twitter

richjn
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

>Feel utterly conned and would never buy Bose again.

Well said, conned is the operative word here and there are many of us on these forums who ONLY purchased Bose on the promise of AirPlay 2.

I feel no animosity to Bose staff generally, who are likely just doing what they are told to do but to those responsible for instructing this wall of silence and total customer disregard then Well Done you have passed your "How to Destroy a Companies Reputation" exam with flying colors.

Robingould2
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

Yep Ive has enough now. Used to buy Bose but am switching to Sonos. I loved the brand but feel let down. I’m off.... seeeeeya!

dantaco
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

I’m surprised more haven’t used their local court system. Bose should be held partially if not fully responsible for your expense. Odds are they wont even show up to a small claims hearing because they lack a defense. I’m still considering doing this.

Gangi
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

22000 views and still no answer.  Pathetic