Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

audio diferences

Hello everyone, I recently acquired the soundtouch 300 bar because I personally think that the bose products have a very good audio quality, the problem that I have detected is that when I listen to music directly from the sountouch application the audio sounds loud and with great quality, but when I listen to music or watch movies with my ps4 connected directly to the bar, it is heard differently, the central channel is diminished and the voices are heard a little behind, I would like to know how to improve that situation to know if the bar is the what is wrong or is the ps4 that is not sending the sound correctly. When I select the audio output on the ps4 I choose the hdmi and it detects the bar as a 7.1 sound system and I also have it in linear pcm. when I connect it by optical the central channel is heard more, but in the surround sound less.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: audio diferences

Hello Alan Luna,

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the audio output from your PS4 to the SoundTouch 300. 

I'd like to direct you to this third party website that gives a fantastic understanding of how different audio formats work. This should help you ensure the PlayStation is set up to output correctly. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.