Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

auxiliary input turns off after 30 min inactivity

when pairing echo input to soundlink 2 speaker, auxiliary turns off after 30  in inactive from echo input.

have disabled the auto turnoff feature on speaker, but the auxiliary input disconnects after 30 min inactivity 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: auxiliary input turns off after 30 min inactivity

Hi hogan1,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

So I can help with this as best I possibly can, can you please confirm exactly which model SoundLink speaker you have? We do have a couple of models that have a version 2, so if you are unsure, you can check this with our Product Identifier.

Let me know as I'd love to look into this with you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

hi keith,

i saw in this forum that the aux input inactivity problem also showed up in 2017 for the original soundlink speaker.  there was no solution for it then.

here’s a photo of my soundlink 2 speaker.  it did not show up in bose list of products.

thx

hogan1_0-1583643877197.jpeg

Highlighted

Hi hogan1,

Thank you for clarifying that for me!

So your SoundLink speaker is designed to turn off after 30 minutes of inactivity, this is to save power and protect the speaker. There isn't any way to turn this feature off so I am curious as to what steps you took to turn this feature off and where you found the instructions.

As there isn't any way to turn this feature off, to use it with the Echo input over AUX, you would need to power the speaker back on any time you wanted to sue the Echo. I know this may not be ideal, but this speaker isn't designed to be permanently on and on standby for this use. 

If you want to experience the Bose sound quality with Alexa, I would recommend checking out our range of Smart Speakers, as they have the ability to use Alexa built-in, so you would not need to have an external connection to an Echo device.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

hi keith.

pls let me clarify.

per the bose user manual:

if the soundlink 2 speaker is plugged into wall power and you hold the “bluetooth” button down at the same time as the “+” button until you hear a tone, the  auto power-off feature of the unit is overridden.  this is true.

my problem is the although the “power off” is disabled and the unit stays on after inactivity, the aux input for the speakers is turned inactive and thus will not accept a signal.  

you are correct that it seems the only solution to this problem is to press/turn on the aux input button after the 30 min of inactivity.   

thx for your time