Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2019

error 4501 and 1046

about a month ago my Soundtouch app update automatically included TuneIn service. After that, I presetted some radio stations and it worked fine until a week ago. I'm getting error messages 4501 or both 1046 and 4501 together.
I searched Support and you suggested to remove TuneIn from Setting. I followed your instruction but the Setting menu falls short - i does NOT have the REMOVE function.
Anyhow, this problem is driving me mad. I can't even revert to the old app function tuning in to our local radios.
And also please REMOVE this stupid Im Not a Robot - drives your customers mad. There is a better way

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: error 4501 and 1046

Author Accepted Answer selected by leobose

Hi leobose,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to see the error you're running into when trying to stream your favorite stations with SoundTouch, but I'd like to help.

TuneIn as a service cannot be removed from the SoundTouch app as it is an embedded source. There are a few things I can recommend to try to improve your experience.

• Reboot your SoundTouch system(s) by unplugging from power for 20 seconds
  • Reboot your router by unplugging for 30 seconds and retest 

If the errors continue to happen can you let me know what exact stations are producing this error?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post

118 REPLIES 118
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by leobose

Hi leobose,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to see the error you're running into when trying to stream your favorite stations with SoundTouch, but I'd like to help.

TuneIn as a service cannot be removed from the SoundTouch app as it is an embedded source. There are a few things I can recommend to try to improve your experience.

• Reboot your SoundTouch system(s) by unplugging from power for 20 seconds
  • Reboot your router by unplugging for 30 seconds and retest 

If the errors continue to happen can you let me know what exact stations are producing this error?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Good morning I am experiencing the same issues I've done as you have instructed but still can not use the station. The station that's not working is .977 today's hits.

Hi Arsenal119, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. We are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your TuneIn service, however I would love to help. Have you tried adding other radio stations to ensure that the issue isn't with .977?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Thank you Hector for getting back to me so soon, I really appreciate. To answer your question, Yes hi have and most other stations still work so I believe it’s a problem with the station.
Highlighted

Hi Arsenal119, 

Thanks for updating us on the situation. I can confirm that we have also tested this radio station and have come across this same issue. Can you please confirm that the station you are attempting to access is HOT 97.7 Today's latest hits? 

Can you please let us know if you are also getting an error message at all? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Yes that is the station and the error message I get is C3-SC4501.
Highlighted

Hi Arsenal119, 

Thanks for providing us with that information. I deeply apologize for this inconvenience, I have escalated this issue to our engineering team and will attempt to get this issue fixed asap. In the meantime I would recommend playing the Radio station via Bluetooth to the speaker. 

Again I am sorry for this inconvenience. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Hello Hector,

Today I got confronted with the errors mentionned 4501 & 4601.

I onderstood you and your team were looking to solve the problem but it seems the problem is still there.

Any idea if this issue will be solved any shortly ?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Goederik

Highlighted

Hi Goederik, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this issue. The team is still looking into this to see if this is something that they can replicate. 

Could you please let me know which stations you are having this issue on and if they work on the TuneIn website? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B