Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Re: error 4501 and 1046

I have tried that but it doesn’t work.

Highlighted

Hey, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I am sorry to hear that the steps have not worked. Let's try some other steps and see if we can fix this. 

To start with please can I ask which SoundTouch speaker you have as the steps differ between speakers? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2016

Re: error 4501

21 December  2019 - this 4501 error just started appearing on the Classic FM station, which I've been accessing for the past year. Nothing in my environment has changed.

Classic FM works through the Classic FM website, so there's no issues there and works on a Windows PC and iPad.

Other stations (presets and others) work okay.

Have followed the suggested resolutions - uninstalled SoundTouch and reinstalled and done the updates, re-booted the router, disconnected SoundTouch device and left it unplugged for a while. None of which worked.

I'm guessing but this looks to be an issue with TuneIn not serving up the Classic FM station.

I'm not sure how you progress this, but any help would be appreciated.

David

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

I have deleted the sound touch app and re-installed and Heart and Radio X reappeared but not LBC London.

i can only play it through Radio UK app via my ipad and airplay it to the Sound Touch. Come on. I need a solution 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Hi,

Classic FM can definitely be found on Tunein, I have found and played it on the web and found it in the SoundTouch app, but when I try tp play it there I just get the error message, oops that didn't work please try later and error code 4501. Same with Heart FM and other UK stations, but not the BBC.

I am using a VPN as we are in Spain but that's never been a problem until I updated the system today.

Can someone from Bose please sort this out as this speaker is of no use if we can't listen to our favourite stations that we have been for a few years now, this is the whole reason we paid the money for Bose.

Thanks in anticipation.

Jane

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Come on Bose any update on my LBC London radio channel? I couldn’t play it through my Sound Touch. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

I keep getting error 4501 on some stations. I have done all suggested.  Deleted and reinstalled app, reboot tablet/phone, reboot server etc and I still get the same error. 

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thank you for posting and contributing to the conversation.

@CHU_mansfield, When trying to play LBC London, does it still show the 4501 error, or is it giving us any other error codes at this time?

There is also an LBC UK option I was able to find on TuneIn, does this station work for you at all?

@Jane Sneddon, it is possible, even if it was working previously, that the VPN is interfering with the ability to play that station. Could we try turning off the VPN and testing without it?

@David and @Steve Jacko, If you have tried all the other troubleshooting in this thread, 

I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you investigate this further.

You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Please could you sort this out Bose. Have just updated software this a.m. and find that classic fm is not available error 4501. Yest I get radi 4 and RTÉ and all other stations on presets. I live in 

Ireland and on Naim Muso there is no issue and with tune in on iPhone and I pad and pc there is no issue. 
as I had hoped to play top carols during dinner it’s a bit of a disappointment. Would appreciate a solution please.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Further to the above I can use app and notice that quite a lot of Uk commercial stations appear to be unavailable on Bose soundtouch app. I can receive classic fm from South Africa ok. The annoying thing is that it was working fine before software update was installed and is not now. All other devices play classic fm including amazon echo devices which use tune in. So it would clearly seem to be an issue at Bose’s door. These items are expensive, granted produce a great sound but useless if stations we love are not available. I’m leaving device plugged out overnight and router also and will follow up only if they work in the morning.