Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Re: error 4501 and 1046

Thanks you so much Kittytwister for this brillaint work around, you are a star*******

Pitty Bose could not suggest this, not impressed with your support service Bose, you need to get your act together!!!!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

LBC is still not there

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Hi,

Based on Kittytwister's solution, I tried adding this http://media-ice.musicradio.com/LBCUKMP3 using the steps provided below and it worked for me, give it a go.

Go to app, click on three lines on top left, then settings and on 5th line stream custom url. Click that and on box copy the link above.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Dear All

I posted here sometime ago when I was having a problem with one or 2 radio stations and it was never resolved. Now it has got so much worse. I should explain I listen to UK radio stations when overseas and now of my previously working 6 preset stations only one is working. If a moderator replies to this please don't ask me to reinstall the app or restart my router or any other of your standard answers because they just do not work. I have a  Sonos system at home and a friend overseas nearby has the same system; it also uses the Tunein platform. Both work perfectly both in the UK and overseas. Some people have come up with workarounds on this forum and I applaud them, but frankly we are all spending a lot of money on a system that is not fit for purpose.  Please Bose get a grip of this problem because I and royally fed up of having try other methods to listen to my choice of music.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

thank you. It worked. I was radio channel surfing on UK channels and noticed a few are gone too. But that’s a fight for another day.

thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

I'm another user frustrated by the disappearance of Classic FM. The solution proposed by Kittytwister also works here in Germany (many thanks for this!). The station is storable as a preset and when selected gives the initial message "local internet radio" rather than "Tunein" in the display.

However, I still find it incredible that Bose seems to be doing nothing. I mailed them directly a few weeks ago when the problem started and received an answer "we are aware of the problem and are looking into it". All follow-up mails from me have been ignored so far.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2016

I've been in UK for five weeks and had been hoping this [Classic FM] issue would be resolved by the time I got back to Australia, but it's still stuffed. So I called 1800-061-046 Bose Support, which I thought was Australia and it diverted me to UK. The support person checked and said they are aware of the issue, which they're trying to sort out but it seems to be an issue between ClassicFM and TuneIn. The support rep said it's a global issue for anyone outside of the UK. If I had to guess, I would say it's a licensing issue rather than technical because a technical issue should have been solved by now.

The support rep said just keep trying each day.

I tried adding the custom URL work around that Kittytwister suggested but I couldn't get that working.

Back to the iPad (which is actually better for Classic FM, but the sound is not as good of course).

All the best.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2016

Correction - I tried adding the custom URL work around that Kittytwister suggested and got it working now.

Thanks for that.

Also agree with everyone else - we shouldn't need to find a workaround.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Fixed my problem!!  Tried all the others inducing delete the app, download, update etc and all same 4501 issue and no stations would play.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Hello there, I have a same problem as others. I try to listen radio station YleX from Finland and suddenly it doesn't work and it gives me error code 4501. I use sound touch app. Why it disappeared? I tried to reset bose and the app too but the same problem. Yesterday that was working. I have soundtouch 20 and 10. What I can do?