Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Re: error 4501 and 1046

Hi Hector,

I'm getting the same error message through my Bose app TuneIn when trying to play Radio X UK. It used to work great, then just stopped playing and I get the C7 - SC4501 error message. 

The station is online, I can play as an independent app or through other apps but just not through TuneIn so I can't use Alexa voice. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Hi  try this posted by Kittytwister, it worked for me.

Alleluia got the solution here that will assist all those Bose soundtouch folks who had classic fm deleted when Station was knocked off tunein platform . Go to app, click on three lines on top left, then settings and on 5th line stream custom url. Click that and on box copy this 

http://media-ice.musicradio.com/ClassicFMMP3

name station and select stream station at bottom. Note last two lines it’s best to have it on as a preset, it does work, at least from here in Ireland it does. 

Jane

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

hi there,

Strangely enough, I have my own Bose Soundtouch (in London,UK) and my parent's Soundtouch (in Birmingham, UK) with a 4501 error message for the same radio stations (FIP radio, France Inter, Nova radio, all French radio stations).... strange coincidence which makes me think there is an issue perhaps with the Soundtouch app? The 4501 issue has come up at the same time in two different locations and yet these radio stations worked perfectly fine until the recent system update.

I have rebooted the app, rebooted the internet and rebooted the Soundtouch and the 4501 issue persists.

Please could you advise?

Thanks

cbmarshmallow

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

error 4501

I have the same issue - for my favourite radio station, FIP (a French music station).  In fact FIP (the regular FIP, rather than the genre specific FIP options) has vanished from TuneIn.  I can get FIP on the app but the quality playing it from the app isn't as good and I just want it back on presets.  Can you let me know what I can do.  Thanks.