Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Re: error 4501 and 1046

Hi again,

Asking us to contact support is not acceptable, we are all saying that this issue arose after we installed the latest BOSE update.

We, YOUR CUSTOMERS, want to use the product we bought in the way we have been using it up until this update was installed, but we can't.

Will you, BOSE, please take responsibility for this update causing us, YOUR CUSTOMERS, issues and take some action to resolve this instead of putting your problem back to us.

I think most of us, YOUR CUSTOMERS, would prefer to try and get this resolved in this forum rather than taking more drastic steps on social media.

We await your response.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

I have identical issue it seems classicfm is no longer a tune in option on Bose system....Bose IT please sort out as soon as possible, as one reason I use system is stations like classicfm is accessible

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Total agreement with Jane

Bose sort out problem you created if the reputation is important to the brand

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

I agree with Jane, whilst I don’t listen to Classic FM on my Sound Touch. I want to listen to LBC London on my Sound Touch. I couldn’t find LBC London either on Tune In. Please sort this out ASAP. It’s annoying. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2016

HI folks - just to add to my previous post, I just went to the TuneIn site and tried to access Classic FM there and it reports "This station is not currently available on TuneIn". So, as I speculated previously, I think that the issue is TuneIn not serving up the stream to the SoundTouch devices.

I followed all the instructions about rebooting, uninstalling and so on, but this is like the first-level ISP support asking people to disconnect the modem/router when the internet goes down and it's really the service provider. I appreciate it's a process of elimination, but if this is happening to several of us now, then it clearly points to an issue that is beyond the SoundTouch devices that we're all using.

The other mystery to me is what is the purpose of the community forum if it's also not to surface up issues? As far as I'm aware, there's no support ticket raising webpage (I stand to be corrected), which is what most other suppliers have. I'm not even sure if the moderator is employed by Bose or just a volunteer?

I went to the support page for Australia as suggested and it just has a 1800 number to call but no email or ticket system. "Got to product support" just shows a lot of products that lead to self-help stuff.

To be honest, this is really frustrating and puts me off investing in Bose in the future even if the sound is good. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Classic FM on TuneInClassic FM on TuneIn

As you can see David, I can find Classic FM in TuneIn using my web browser and in the Bose app, provided I have my VPN active, which has never been needed before, but it still doesn't play through my SoundTouch, even though I can see it.

@bose can you just reverse the last update and lets all go back to where we were, happy with our Bose product and happily listing to our favoutire stations, is this too much to ask???

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2016

Hi Jane

That may be working for you but it's definitely not what I'm getting via TuneIn's website, which reports it's not available. But, if you can access Classic FM via TuneIn's website, then irrespective of the reason why I can't, it suggests that service is available somewhere in the world and not the weak link in the chain. I was just trying to point at a plausible cause in the absence of a response as to what the problem might be or that some someone is looking into it.

I've switched to an iPad and Bluetooth speaker in the meantime and will wait and see if there's a fix to the 4501.

David

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

David I wish to apologise,before I did the upgrade of firmware I was but not now. Classic fm is not available on tunein but I can get it on Naim Muso, Roberts internet radio and on Alexa devices with global player. It would appear that it’s unavailable at the moment using Bose devices as the soundtouch appears to utilise tunein only.

am sure Bose now that it has been brought to their attention will rectify the issue for their customers. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Still no update from Bose as to their Tunein?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Alleluia got the solution here that will assist all those Bose soundtouch folks who had classic fm deleted when Station was knocked off tunein platform . Go to app, click on three lines on top left, then settings and on 5th line stream custom url. Click that and on box copy this 

http://media-ice.musicradio.com/ClassicFMMP3

name station and select stream station at bottom. Note last two lines it’s best to have it on as a preset, it does work, at least from here in Ireland it does.