Highlighted
David
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2016

iTunes from External Hard Drive (revisited)

A similar question was posted back in 2017 and the "solution" was, it's not possible to configure iTunes to use an extremal drive because the SoundTouch App cannot work with it.

I would like to request this to be revisited because this must be a fairly common scenario and if it's possible to reconfigure iTunes to work with an external drive (which it is), then surely the SoundTouch App should honour the iTunes configuration?

Technically, this should not be difficult at all and why would you hardcode C: drive anyway?

Any chance you can put this to the developers to add to a future release?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: iTunes from External Hard Drive (revisited)

Hello David,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us and my apologies for the delay in our answer!

You are correct, your iTunes library will not show as a music library in the SoundTouch app if it is stored on an external hard drive. This feature is not supported by the app and has already been requested in the past. I am of course more than happy to put it forward to our development team on your behalf. I would like however to warn you that this feature request might not be at the forefront of the team's projects and I can't therefore guarantee any movement on this in the near future.

Many thanks,

Anne S

David
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2016

Re: iTunes from External Hard Drive (revisited)

Thanks Anne

Yes, I would appreciate it if you would forward it. 

Just to clarify, although I used the term "external drive", the drive I'm referring to is just a second hard drive in the PC - I've called it "S:" but it could be most other letters H:, G:, etc.  Most PCs on the market offer 1Tb for the main partition, but this is soon consumed with Windows and other apps. Personally, I think warrants a reasonably high priority, but I do not have insight into what else is on the list.

Thanks for responding - I'll cross my fingers. 

At present, Plan B is to replace my C: drive partition with something larger, but that's going to require reinstalling everything. 

Regards, David