new ST300 app software - broke my system

Friendly Fanatic

new ST300 app software - broke my system

I've owned my 300 SB, Acoustimass & wireless side speakers for almost 2 years.  The wifi & pairing has always been spot on.  I just updated the app software to the latest version & nothing works.  I've unplugged power from all & done a few factory resets.  I cannot connect to wifi.  It always fails during the process in the app.  I did notice that the wifi connect process disables the wifi indicator on my phone (you know, small "x" like no connectivity at the top of the phone).   I'm not sure if that is normal, but doesnt seem right.  I assume pairing is not possibe until wifi is working, so that doesnt work.   I am now at a loss.  I've super enjoyed this system, but this is a frustrating situation.   Obviously, any input welcomed.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: new ST300 app software - broke my system

Hi there @dougjc2000 and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the recent issues you've been experiencing here and would be happy to help!

Firstly, I would ask if you are able to connect this via the Ethernet cord and operate the system this way?

If so, can you please try and check for the SoundTouch app for updates again, and perform these if there are any?

If you're unable to use an Ethernet connection, or this isn't available via Ethernet, can you please attempt the Alternate setup using a different device, such as a computer or laptop? The instructions on the link are for a mobile device, but the same connection and IP address can be used for a computer.

Please return to me when you can to let me know how this goes!

Liam W - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

I have been able to get a wifi connection.  So I can listen to internet radio & the soundbar works with my Sony TV.  Having said that, I can tell something was just not right during the setup, the lights never quite blinked the way the manual says.  If I try to connect again to wifi in the app it never recognizes the network & forces me through the "having trouble" route.  I also noticed I could see the "Bose St 300" in my mobile wifi, but it would always say "open network, no internet."   The app update appears to have changed something for the worse, this process always used to be seamless for me.  But none the less, the wifi works. 

However, I cannot pair with the bass or side speakers.  Again, this used to be very easy & seamless for me.  I can use the bass when connected with a stereo cable (but I didnt buy a wireless speaker for that).  When I try to pair the bass, the amber light starts blinking on the bass, but it never connects, gives a tone or turns white. 

Hi Dougjc200, 

thank you for coming back to us and I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues setting up your system. 

However, I am really pleased to hear that you are connected to Wifi again.

The behavior you are describing for connecting to the wifi is correct. Your SoundTouch 300 will broadcast a Wifi network to connect to in the app. The app just doesn't mention at that point as it is automatic.

I would recommend unplugging the accessory speakers before attempting to connect them to ensure they are still broadcasting their pairing signal. 

Let me know how you get on! If there is anybody in the Community that has any tips or tricks please feel free to jump in! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Friendly Fanatic

The system will no longer pair either the bass or surround speakers.  When I try to pair (soundtouch button, #7) the bass amber light will blink.  Eventually the blinking pair light on the 300 turns steady white.  But the bass contiues to blink the amber light.  Similar for the side speakers.

Hello dougjc2000,

Thanks for posting, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your SoundTouch 300. I would be more than happy to help you with this today, I would recommend that we do a product reset. 

Perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I would also recommend resetting your router and then try adding the components again.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Friendly Fanatic

Been out of town so back to it.  tried resets on everything (soundbar, wireless router, tv, bass, surround speakers).  the bass & surround speakers will not pair.  When trying to pair, the light blinks amber on the bass, thats it.  The latest software patch has caused some sort of corruption, no other explanation.  Worked fine prior to it.   I have no bass or surround speakers, not sat at all. 

Hi there @dougjc2000 and thanks for following up! I'm sorry to hear that this is continuing to have issues despite the suggested steps.

I would recommend that you reach out to Bose Support directly for service to your product. This can be done by selecting your country/region, and scroll down to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if required.

Please get back to me with any questions or updates regarding this!

Liam W