Highlighted
gfc2013
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2018

pandora plus on soundtouch

I cannot get the functionality of unlimited skips using Pandora Plus  on the Soundtouch30.

when will this be available.

At the moment I can only skip about 5 songs then it says I have reached my limit, which is so frustrating.Sometimes it even says that when I first turn it on and havent used any skips yet. I pay for Pandora plus so it should allow unlimited skips

If I stream Pandora and play via bluetooth and dont use soundtouch software at all, I can get unlimited skips.

Please make this available on Soundtouch

4 REPLIES 4

Re: pandora plus on soundtouch

Hi gfc2013, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! 

Could you please attempt to log out of your pandora account and attempt to sign in again as well as perform a reset on your SoundTouch 30 to ensure that the speaker recognizes that you have updated your membership to a Plus account. You can perform the update via: Turn off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds.

Please update me on the result of this and if any other community members are also experiencing this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

gfc2013
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2018

Hi Hector,

thanks so much for your reply, but unfortunately I still cannot get any more than 5 skips.

after the 5th skip, the fast forward button is no longer lit up and cannot be pressed.

I followed your instructions exactly, but no good.

For the record, I have unlimited skips when playing Pandora on line using the bose speaker on bluetooth alone and not going through soundtouch .

It just wont work when the speaker is on wifi and i try to use the soundtouch software.

Any other advice?

regards

Gerald

Hello @gfc2013 and thanks for following up!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you! I have been looking into this further for you to find out why you have been experiencing this.
At present, Pandora Plus accounts are not directly supported within the SoundTouch application.  If this integration is to change in the future, you can be sure that we will and update the Community to reflect this.

In the meantime, I would advise that connect to your SoundTouch 30 to your source device via Bluetooth, and access Pandora directly from the Pandora app. This would allow you to use all of the features for Pandora Plus through the speaker, including the skip limit here!
I apologize for the inconvenience this causes, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Liam W

gfc2013
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2018

Hi Liam,

Thanks for following this up.

This is such a shame as the quality of streaming music is far more superior over wifi as apposed to bluetooth.

Hopefully other Bose users are annoyed with the same problem and Bose can be rectified this with the next update.

Apart from that I am loving the sound of my Bose Soundtouch 30.