Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

playlists missing after update

I have just updated both the app and the speaker firmware, which much to my disgust  created a further 30 minute delay after a reboot.  I am now missing  60+ playlists in the app but which can be seen in media player. This is unbelievable and is yet another reason I am seriously considering ditching the Bose. Very happy with the reproduction but not the software/firmware update aspect which is frustrating when there is some change that causes massive delays. Why can't you give an option when the app opens to update all after use or at a certain time.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: playlists missing after update

Hello Norah_b, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear your playlists are missing after an update.

Can you please confirm:

- (Just for clarification) are these iTunes, NAS or Windows Media-based playlists?

- Have you tried signing out and back into the SoundTouch account? 

- Have you tried removing the music service and tried adding it back into the account? 

Thanks,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

I have tried the following in Windows Media Player:

1. removing a playlist by deletion, then rebuilding and replacing with a slight different name. I waited for over an hour but no success. (I have tried this for or five times over the last few months but no success.

2. I have tried completely removing the library from soundtouch and going to Media Player and creating a new library name. I then imported the new library into Soundtouch but interestingly, only the original files from the old library appeared.

3. I have logged out of the Bose soundtouch account then logged back in.

All failures.

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that, can I please ask if you are running Windows 10 or 7?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

windows 10

Highlighted

Thank you for confirming this, Norah_b.

I would recommend that you make sure that all the playlists you wish to incorporate in your music library are stored locally. You will be unable to see them if they are stored on the cloud. I would recommend making sure they are stored in the same folder as the playlists you can already see. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

After 3 weeks and a reinstall of windows 10 after HDD crash, a repeat of the previous problems and some investigation, I suspect either MIcrosoft or Bose has altered/dropped certain codecs for music.

I have been unable to play certain tracks or albums with my old play lists or replacement new ones on the fresh W10 install. In short I am thinking this could be linked to DRM as I have used a third party package and converted some of the tracks to mp3, or in the case of old cd's or vinyl, reconverted from the master WAV file. After conversion, everything seems ok. Please note, all playlists are held locally on C:, all music is on a dedicated HDD and I am using Windows Media Player.

Highlighted

Hey Norah_b,

Thanks for the update and for posting your solution to help other users! I'm glad to hear you have managed to get your playlists back up and available.

With the audio codecs you have been converting, it is worth noting that the SoundTouch app can use any of the following formats. If your files were stored as a different format to these it would explain why they were unavailable to you.

• MP3
  • AAC (excluding protected files)
  • M4A (including Apple lossless [ALAC])
  • WMA (excluding WMA lossless)
  • FLAC (16 bit/44.1 kHz — stereo files only)

I hope this helps as you add to your music library in the future!