Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

sales rep at BestBuy told me there was an update alowing soundtouch and and bose music

I purshased the Bose home speaker 500 with alexa yesterday, i asked the Bestbuy sales rep and he and one other employee said there was an update so i could use them all together? is this true or should i return it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: sales rep at BestBuy told me there was an update alowing soundtouch and and bose music

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Bill120mph, 

Thanks for updating us. You can't connect the Home Speaker 500 with Sound Touch systems. We can only apologize that you have been misinformed. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: sales rep at BestBuy told me there was an update alowing soundtouch and and bose music

Hi Bill120mph, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Which systems/applications are you attempting to use with the Home Speaker 500? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

I have the sound bar 300
2 soundtouch 30
1 soundtouch 20
2 soundtouch wireless adapters
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Bill120mph, 

Thanks for updating us. You can't connect the Home Speaker 500 with Sound Touch systems. We can only apologize that you have been misinformed. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

Thanks for the reply, that's to bad.
Any chance of an update to use them together?
I like the unit but it just doesnt make sense for me to keep it if it cant play with the rest of the house.
Highlighted

Hi Bill120mph, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I would recommend taking a look at this thread here. It has a few ways that you can use the speaker while explaining the Benefits / Disadvantages in using it in this way. 

Hope this helps. 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

While Bose just sent me an email months later that this solution was accepted, I disagree and returned my unit and left Bose altogether because of it. All my other equipment works perfectly. Remember this when the next new line comes out and they want you to waste your money replace ing good equipment to match their new line.