cgooroo69
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 2, 2016

searching for speaker soundtouch 300

Hello, I am having a problem with the connectivity of my Soundtouch 300 soundbar. Currently I have running on the App. 

- 1 soundouch 30

- 2 soundtouch 20's

- 1 soundtouch 10

- Soundtouch 300 soundbar

- Acouticmass 700 Subwolfer

- 1 pair Wireless 700 surround Speakers

My issue is the connectivity of the soundbar to the app. The soundbar plays wonderfully with the Samsung TV however when I want to play all of the units together just for music  - on the app the sound bar is always in the searching for speaker mode.  ( All other units do register and work)  If I disconnect the soundbar and plug it back in it does show up for a one time use. 

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: searching for speaker soundtouch 300

Hello cgooroo69,

Thanks for posting! 

I am sorry that you're having trouble playing your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar alongside your other SoundTouch systems in a group.

For testing purposes, would you be able to start the group from the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar? Are you able to add all of the other systems into the group? If not, this would suggest a network problem, likely due to the bandwidth. 

I would suggest resetting the soundbar also. This can be done by removing the power for 30 seconds. 

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
David Moore
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

I have 2 ST300 and 1 ST20 and I had similar issues occasionally.

Such issues are indeed network related, where possible try to connect all of your devices via the ethernet to routers or mesh points directly, obviously not possible for the ST10.

For the WIFI make sure 2.4ghz and 5ghz are set with separate SSID and ideally use the 2.4ghz band if your rooms are not wired together.

For example Soundtouch units can use several WIFI networks in the reverse order they were last defined and will automatically change SSIDs if the connection speed drops. So to avoid that do not define more than 1 network with your Soundtouch units.

Highlighted
cgooroo69
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 2, 2016

Thank you for responding.

I did reset the system however that did not correct issue. 

There is no way to start from the soundbar group as it is/was in a state of " Searching for Speaker" 

I actually have been able to find an alternative that so far has worked. I have disabled the auto shut off on the sound bar and so far have not have any issues. 

Hopefully this works.