Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

setting my bass and treble settings on my home 300 speaker

I was just hoping someone could give me advice on the optimal bass and treble settings for my speaker. I am a bit unclear of the + and the - Options...I could just play with them but I would like to get the best possible sound. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: setting my bass and treble settings on my home 300 speaker

Hello Pixydust266, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site.

The + means to increase the bass/treble level, and - means to decrease the bass/treble level. I would recommend you increase/decrease, listen to the change in tone, then set the levels based on your personal preference. 

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, do feel free to get back in touch. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

PixieDust this is one of the most important topics however you will find pretty much everyone slient on the topic.  No one wants to reveal their "secret" settings for the best sound - probablt because it is an individual taste.  I will however break protocol and give you my settings after tweaking them for the past 2 months.  I tell myself "one more adjustment and it will sound perfect" -  really it depends on the music but I have what I call a balanced setting...

Center Channel - 70

Bass - 50

Trebel - 20

Rear Speakers - 100

Bass Module - 70

I love bass but deep rich bass, some will crank up the BASS to 100 on the sound bar and bass module and that is good for parties but perhaps not so much for really appreciating the music.  You can go as low as 30 for the center channel which will make the rear speakers sound more noticeable.  I would not take the center channel below 30 otherwise vocals & other instruments sound strange.  

Let me know,

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Screenshot_20191125-202121_Bose Music.jpg

I made another tweak - the bass module can also be set to 80 for more depth