Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

No problem, apologies for the confusion caused!

By resetting Wi-Fi, I simply mean disconnecting the Wi-Fi router from power, waiting 3-10 minutes, and reconnecting this. Once connected back up, wait for the router to reconnect to the internet and try the products once more.

Can I also ask how you're phrasing the questions to Alexa?

For example, the below statement is more likely to get a response from the system

"Alexa play BBC radio on Tune-in on (Speaker name)"

Simply asking Alexa to play something may not register with the system correctly.

Please give this a go and follow up when you can!

Liam W

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

Hi Liam, thanks for getting back to us. I already did what you stated above. Always check (OSI) layer one 😉 Just powered off my APs again but no luck.

Phrasing is no issue because the commands are eventually being executed but we get response from Alexa with “sorry...” so it looks like Alexa doesn’t get response back from the Bose skill but the command to the SoundTouch speakers is given

Thanks for getting back to me, and for trying the above steps.

Can I ask that you cleanse all of the information here? This is an extensive procedure that will clear all information, then set this all back up.

This can be done by completing the following steps:

1) Remove all speakers from the Bose SoundTouch app. This can be done by going to Settings >> Speaker Settings >> Select Speaker >> Remove Speaker >> Remove.
2) Log out of the Bose SoundTouch app. This can be done from Settings >> Account >>Sign Out.
3) Factory default all Bose SoundTouch speakers. This process will vary from speaker to speaker. Please let me know if you're unsure how to do this for whichever speaker you have!
4) De-register all Bose SoundTouch speakers from www.amazon.com. This can be done by logging in to Amazon using the same account linked to the Bose SoundTouch account, then going to Accounts & Lists >> Your Content and Devices >> Devices >> De-register.
5) Forget all Bose SoundTouch Speakers listed in the Alexa app. To do this, Login to www.alexa.amazon.com via web browser or using the Alexa app using the same Amazon account. From here, go through Smart Home >> Devices >> Forget.
6) Disable all Alexa Bose skills for Bose. This can be done by logging back in to  to www.alexa.amazon.com and going to Skills >> Your Skills >> All Skills >> Select the Skill >> Disable Skill.

7) Setup all Bose SoundTouch speakers again, including enabling Alexa integration. 

Once done, please try the voice commands again!

If this is still not working, or only some commands are working, please try multiple commands and get back to me to let me know which ones work, and which ones don't!

Liam W

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

@Liam_W wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me, and for trying the above steps.

Can I ask that you cleanse all of the information here? This is an extensive procedure that will clear all information, then set this all back up.

This can be done by completing the following steps:

1) Remove all speakers from the Bose SoundTouch app. This can be done by going to Settings >> Speaker Settings >> Select Speaker >> Remove Speaker >> Remove.
2) Log out of the Bose SoundTouch app. This can be done from Settings >> Account >>Sign Out.
3) Factory default all Bose SoundTouch speakers. This process will vary from speaker to speaker. Please let me know if you're unsure how to do this for whichever speaker you have!
4) De-register all Bose SoundTouch speakers from www.amazon.com. This can be done by logging in to Amazon using the same account linked to the Bose SoundTouch account, then going to Accounts & Lists >> Your Content and Devices >> Devices >> De-register.
5) Forget all Bose SoundTouch Speakers listed in the Alexa app. To do this, Login to www.alexa.amazon.com via web browser or using the Alexa app using the same Amazon account. From here, go through Smart Home >> Devices >> Forget.
6) Disable all Alexa Bose skills for Bose. This can be done by logging back in to  to www.alexa.amazon.com and going to Skills >> Your Skills >> All Skills >> Select the Skill >> Disable Skill.

7) Setup all Bose SoundTouch speakers again, including enabling Alexa integration. 

Once done, please try the voice commands again!

If this is still not working, or only some commands are working, please try multiple commands and get back to me to let me know which ones work, and which ones don't!

Liam W

Hi Liam,

I tried all of the above for my ST 20 Kitchen speaker and added the skills both back in to my Echo Dot 2. It still does not work as it did, but I can provide you with some info.

If I only use the Bose Soundtouch skill I can not play music by voice command : Alexa ask Bose to play preset 1 will lead to the message : sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now. If use the Soundtouch app to start playing multiroom and try to increase the sound volume by 30 % Alexa says Oh something went wrong and when I ask Alexa to ask Bose to turn off the group it takes a view seconds before the group turns off and Alexa says OK.

When I install the Bose skill also the only thing that changes is that I can adress the speaker directly by voice command. Alexa play some music on Kitchen : Alexa says she will play the last played TuneIn station on that speaker and I can see the Alexa icon on the Kitchen speaker. I can ask Alexa to synchronize and she open Bose soundtouch control and then she says : sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

Again if I give the voice command Alexa ask Bose to turn of speaker it takes longer than ussual, the speaker stops and Alexa says sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

So it's obvious that something has changed in the skill the only voice command that seems to work is turning off the group or the individual speaker.

Regards,

Rob

Community Manager

Hi Rob and JeeBee,

Thanks for providing this detailed information. Can you both please also confirm what region you're currently located within? I'd love to get as much information as possible to investigate further. 

@SoundtouchHouse, as you have confirmed that you're currently within the USA, I'd also be curious to hear if you've been able to attempt the troubleshooting outlined above by Liam W?

Kindest,

Andy B

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

I'm also from The Netherlands. I use the Bose SoundTouch 20 (Series III) icm two Amazon Echo Dot Gen2. Can you please check the services which communicate with the Alexa skill? AFAIK it looks like there is a time-out between Alexa skill and the Soundtouch speaker(s). Why I think that;

The commands given are eventually being executed (in my case) but the skill thinks it's not so Alexa comes back with "I'm sorry I'm having trouble accessing your Bose...".

Alexa can reach the speaker but it looks like the communication/packet thats needs to come back which verifies for Alexa that the command indeed has been executed is timed-out or even lost.

Sometimes I get an "OKAY" when asking "Alexa could you play preset 1-6"... So that command is not 100% comming back with "I'm sorry..."

Again this has been working for more than a year without any problem... Since a couple of weeks we have these issues.

Community Manager

Hey JeeBee,

Thanks for reaching back out to the Community with this additional information. As the issue may be directly connected to a timeout issue with networking delays, I'd be interested to know more information pertaining to your home Wi-Fi network hardware setup and router configuration. As you have stated that you use a Ubiquiti Wi-Fi network, do you have any additional extenders, boosters or repeaters placed around the home? If so, have you tested disconnecting this from the equation by disconnecting them from power temporarily, then disconnect your SoundTouch speakers and Alexa enabled devices (Echo/Dot, etc) for 60 seconds, then reconnect to power to test results?

Additionally, we have our recommended router settings for use with SoundTouch speakers on the network that I encourage you to compare against your own router settings:

• UPnP - Enable
  • Multicast - Enable
  • IGMP - Enable
  • Wireless Isolation - Disable
  • IGMP Proxy - Disable
  • Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N
  • Stealth mode - Disable
  • MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list
  • WPS - Disable
  • Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.
  • Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.
  • WMM – Disable

Kindest,

Andy B

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Hi Andy,

I don't use repeaters or other low quality stuff. I use 2 AC-LRs, directly connected over PoE to Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X SFP (fiber). My WiFi is 100% okay. Settings aren't changed and all (Alexa icm Bose) have been working for more than a year now.

The Bose SoundTouch works flawlessly over WiFi, every whole day streaming internet radio in our kitchen. Never have streaming issues, or connection problems using the SoundTouch App.

All other (domotica) works just fine icm Alexa (Somfy, Philips Hue etc). It's something between the Alexa Bose skill and the Bose Soundtouch speaker.

Quilliam
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2019

I also report this problem.

I am in the USA. Every command I give, I get a long "wait" where the echo spins its light and then says "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your Bose Soundtouch Controll skil right now".

The funny thing is that the command actually does work even after Alexa says that. Still this makes using the Bose speakers a slow and annoying process

This skill worked perfectly fine until about two weeks ago I think. Seems like either Amazon or Bose broke the skill.
Highlighted
JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Based on all replies in this topic I think we can conclude that we don't have to look at local WiFi issues. There are 4 users reporting from different countries the same issues since 1-2 weeks now.

Further Alexa skills are just working fine (at my place). Pinpointing this gives me;

- Link-issues between Alexa skill/Bose

Could you please also follow up at your side (Bose backend systems), to look into this reported issue?