Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

@Andy_B wrote:

Hi Rob and JeeBee,

Thanks for providing this detailed information. Can you both please also confirm what region you're currently located within? I'd love to get as much information as possible to investigate further. 

@SoundtouchHouse, as you have confirmed that you're currently within the USA, I'd also be curious to hear if you've been able to attempt the troubleshooting outlined above by Liam W?

Kindest,

Andy B

@Andy_B 

The only way the Bose Soundtouch skill can be used is if your Amazon adress is in the US, if it isn't you can only pick the UK skill !! You should no that !! I live in the Netherlands and changed my amazon adres to one in the US. And please notice that it worked since I installed is several months ago.

SoundtouchHouse
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

We also get a delay where the echo light spins for a long amount of time and then says "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your Bose soundtouch control skill right now". Sometimes the command works even though Alexa responds as having trouble with skill. We've had an experience where it works despite Alexa having trouble with skill, and the soundtouch speakers are all out of sync when streaming classical station. We have 5 speakers so you can imagine how horrible this sounded! 

Bose, please fix this!

jeff_18
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

Add me to the list... I’m also in the US and experiencing the exact same behavior which presented itself in the past couple of weeks as has be reported by others.
btbuz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

I'm in the US, not the Netherlands and am having the same problem. There must be more to it.
Highlighted
JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Anybody home @bose? Still not working like before...

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

@JeeBee wrote:

Anybody home @bose? Still not working like before...

@bose : 

Please stop sending me these messages : 

Topic: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.
Date: 05-27-2019 09:45 AM

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the replies and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

You did not do anything yet to solve the problem !! 

What would help is to solve this worldwide issue that is not caused by any geographic or linguistic origin. I will contact Amazon and inform them about the poor communication between Alexa and the Bose ST system, and mention to them that US citizin also have problems.

I just tried to turn on my speakers by voice command and it toke some time ( 45 secs to a minute ) before Alexa excused herself, but all speakers turned on with a little bit of help from the preset button on my kitchen ST 20. I noticed that instead of the kitchen speaker the front speaker is now the central speaker.

2019-06-05 13.56.09.jpg

Hi Everyone! 

Thank you for taking the time to post to our Community!

I would encourage those of you that have just joined this post to carry out the troubleshooting already given by the Moderates in this thread. 

The only additional step I would add to the what's been suggested so far is to remove the speaker from the Alexa app, disable the skill. Then, re-enable the skill and search for available devices on the Alexa App. This should find your speakers on the network and allow you to add them. Once complete, test again. 

Let me know how you get on! I will be very interested to see if this helps. 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

batch48@cox.net
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

So... add me to this list of SoundTouch users also experiencing performance issues with the Alexa Bose SoundTouch skill.

This issue cropped 10-14 days. Seems to be related to SoundTouch app updates run in that time period.

I've been through ALL of the troublingshooting recommendations as noted in this thread by Bose SoundTouch Support. Absolutely no result!! Same response from Alexa.... "Sorry, I'm having difficulty accessing your Bose SoundTopuch skill right now".

Bose...come on man!! Get this software stuff sorted out!! You're bleeding customer allegiance by the hour!!

Hi Batch48, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I will pass this onto the development team and we will update this thread as soon as we know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Hello everyone!

I understand your frustration in this issue, and we are diligently working to see if we can find out the cause of, and solution to this issue for you.

To do so, can I ask that you get back to me with the following information?

1) What SoundTouch system are you using in this instance?

2) What firmware version is being run on this system? You can find this from the SoundTouch app by going to "Settings", "About", select the speaker(s) you are using, and check the software version this is running.

3) What mobile device/computer is being used in this instance?

4) What software is being run on this connected device? 

5) What version of the SoundTouch app is being run in this instance? This can be found from "Settings", "About", then "SoundTouch App Info". The App version is displayed here.

Please get back to me when you can so I can follow this up for you!

Liam W