Maffy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 2, 2015

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

Same issue here, in Hungary.

ST20, Series 2

Win10 PC/iPad Air/iPad 6/iPhone 6

SoundTouch app 21.0.3/21.0.7/21.0.7/21.0.7

Highlighted
JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

@Liam_W 

1) SoundTouch 20 Series III

2) Firmware version 21.0.13

3) iPhone X (iOS 12.3.1) iPad Air 2 (iOS 12.3 (not the latest 12.3.1, to check difference! But doesn't change anything))

4) Two Echo Dot Gen 2 devices

5) On both iPhone X and iPad Air 2 running SoundTouch app version 21.0.7 with interface version 21.0.4 (latest available in App Store)

The Alexa-Bose issues where also there before updating the SoundTouch 20 Series III to the latest firmware version (21.0.13).

SoundtouchHouse
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2019

I appreciate the attention being given to this issue, but the problem exists when using the Alexa smart speaker to access the Bose Soundtouch control skill. In my case, the Soundtouch devices work via Bose app on iPhone XS and Macbook Air. Alexa smart speakers worked perfectly before, but for the last few weeks you can no longer turn on any device or group via Alexa smart speaker. Alexa responds with "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your Bose Soundtouch control skill right now."

You can turn on and off the group using the Soundtouch app on iPhone and Macbook Air, and strangely, you can turn off the group via Alexa smart speaker even though she says "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your Bose Soundtouch control skill right now," although there's a bit of a delay.

This is really disappointing and for the investment we made in multiple Bose Soundtouch speakers, I'm having buyers remorse.

I've seen similar complaints under reviews on the Amazon Alexa Bose SoundTouch Control app as well. It looks like this problem has been communicated for approximately 3 weeks.

Here are the answers to the questions:

1) What SoundTouch system are you using in this instance? There are six total: Two Soundtouch 30; Two Soundtouch 20; Two Soundtouch Portable 

2) What firmware version is being run on this system? Version 21.0.13

3) What mobile device/computer is being used in this instance? Echo Dot 2nd and 3rd generation no longer works; App on Macbook Air works; iPhone XS works

4) What software is being run on this connected device? Echo Dot has no software; Bose software app is Version 21.0.13

5) What version of the SoundTouch app is being run in this instance? This can be found from "Settings", "About", then "SoundTouch App Info". The App version is displayed here. Version 21.0.13

__--Pete--__
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Same symptoms here in Australia

Using the Sound Touch Amp controlled by Ecobee 4 Echo.

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to answer the question that Liam W asked. while I opened the ST app on my IMac I noticed this : Schermafbeelding 2019-06-07 om 18.15.44.png

Is there something going on ? I updated all my devices 

Android 5.1.1: 

interface version 21.0.3

protocol version 62

App-version 21.0.4

Mac OS: 

interface version 21.0.3

protocol version 62

App-version 21.0.3 

Android 6.0 : 

interface version 21.0.3

protocol version 62

App-version 21.0.4

Still Alexa tells me : sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.  

After rebooting Alexa : sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.  

@bose: any fix off the problem

@ all : Did you also had this update and did it help ?

Here are the answers to the questions:

1) What SoundTouch system are you using in this instance? There are three total: Two Soundtouch III 20; One Soundtouch wireless link adapter connected to the Bose Solo 5

2) What firmware version is being run on this system? Version 21.0.03

3) What mobile device/computer is being used in this instance?
Echo Dot 2nd generation App on iMac Android 5.1.1 and Android 6.0

4) What software is being run on this connected device?
Bose software app is Version 21.0.03 and 21.0.04 on Mac OS

5) What version of the SoundTouch app is being run in this instance? This can be found from "Settings", "About", then "SoundTouch App Info". The App version is displayed here. Version 21.0.3 and 21.04 on Mac OS

I had a chatt with amazon and they created a ticket : 

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about Bose Alexa enabled speaker . I'll share your feedback with our Alexa development team. I know they'll want to hear about your experience.

Thanks for the great suggestion I have shared this with our Alexa development team.

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about your Alexa device. If you have additional questions about Alexa on your device, visit our help pages at:

https://www.amazon.com/alexasupport

Thanks for using Alexa.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,

Amazon.com
Community Manager

Hey @JeeBee, @SoundtouchHouse and @Rob Vanderbroeck,

The Community Admin has sent you a private message on the forums and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

@Rob Vanderbroeckthat update looks like the latest. I had an update whitin the issues also but it did not solve anything. Based on your versionnumbers we are now on same patch level and still have the same issues, so that update did not fix this 🙂

Please correct me if I'm wrong based on given info.

__--Pete--__
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Just did the 21.0.13 Software update today with same result. Still playing up.

SoundtouchHouse
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Received private message, but can you provide instructions on how to collect logs from soundtouch speakers?

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Just click “here” in the PM to browse to instructions to find the howto