Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

@SoundtouchHouse wrote:

Received private message, but can you provide instructions on how to collect logs from soundtouch speakers?

Also received a PM, wil sent log file as soon as possible. 

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

SoundTouch Application Log Tool Instructions

The SoundTouch System Log Tool is an application that will help you create and collect logs when encountering issues with SoundTouch products and software. 

• Navigate to the Program File folder where the SoundTouch Application has been installed
    For Windows, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundTouch
    For Mac, navigate to the Applications folder and open the SoundTouch folder found there
  • Run the “SystemLogTool” program in the folder

system_log_tool.jpg

• When the application opens it will automatically search for any SoundTouch system(s) on your local network
    • Any SoundTouch system on the local network will appear in the window regardless of series, software, or attached server. If a SoundTouch system has not been named during a previous setup it will appear with the default system name i.e. SoundTouch A1FD03
    • Select the system(s) from which you would like to collect logs
    • Select the method you would like to use, you can choose:

• Collect Logs Now – This option will collect system and installer logs
      • Run Then Collect – This option will open a logging version of the SoundTouch app. Once the app is closed it will collect system, installer, and application logs

In most cases you should choose option B. If you choose option B (Run Then Collect) a logging version of the SoundTouch app will open

• Recreate the issue you are encountering and, when finished, close the SoundTouch application
        • After several seconds a .zip file will appear on your desktop labeled “2015-08-12T12-15-29-SystemLogTool” where the beginning string of numbers is the date and time.
PJ in SV
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Having the same issue....  I am not at home at the moment but will certainly be happy to provide the details requested.

Bose SoundTouch 10

Firmware (TBD - although I did an update on the unit in an attempt to resolve the issue so it should be the most current)

Amazon Echo (2nd generation) and Amazon Echo Dot (2nd generation)

Software does not matter as it is integrated into the Echo device

SoundTouch version does not matter as Alexa is simply being told to forward a command to the speaker, NOT the software on my tablet or phone

This is not the first problem that I've had with the SoundTouch.  After an firmware update a few months back it suddenly had trouble connecting to Pandora.  I went through endless weeks of painful troubleshooting with the support team at Bose.  The first level technician was completely misinformed - telling me that the SoundTouch will not connect to a free Pandora account.  This resulted in a lot of time wasted on setting up a temporary email account, a second Pandora account, yada, yada, yada.

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Hopefully they (Bose support) are now on the ball, based on presented log files..

Community Manager

Hi @JeeBee,

We've sent you a follow-up message and look forward to hearing back from you privately.

Kindest,

Andy B

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

The problem occurs on multiple continents !! and Alexa works fine with all other products and Bose soundtouch speakers work also fine with the Bose Soundtouch app. I do not know which part of development Bose thinks is the problem.

Neither of these settings can be the cause of Alexa and Bose not communicating ok if they are separately function ok.  Perhaps it is the weather ? 

One other thing I noticed that retailers are increasing the prices of the Bose ST speakers and changing the discription to no voice controle. Is this perhaps the way Bose "solves" problems ?

I will sent you each question with a screenshot so I hope your mailbox size is big enough.

Highlighted
JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

@Rob Vanderbroeck is your message just deleted? Why all follow up needs to be silent and/or via DM?
Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

@JeeBee wrote:
@RobVanderbroeck is your message just deleted? Why all follow up needs to be silent and/or via DM?

@JeeBee 

Yes it was. @Andy_B why is my message deleted ?

batch48@cox.net
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

Bose!! Why are you burying this Amazon Alex Skill problem behind private/DM and obfuscation?

The recent failure of the Bose Amazon Alex Skill to function proprely is is a REAL problem for the Bose Soundtouch Comunity. Please show us all the repsct we all deserve, in return for making significant $$$ investments in the Bose SuundTouch products and ecosystem, by addressing the Bose Alexa Skill problem in the light of day and with the priority attention the problem deserves in an effort to FIX THE PROBLEM ASAP.

Thanks!

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Here also no updates after sending logfiles (other then (again) asking about WiFi settings). It has been working for more then a year and suddenly it's "stuttering"... What is/has changed @bose ? All other stuff using with voice commands from Alexa is just working fine (Hue, Somfy etc.).