Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

I also get this message from Alexa.  However, even with this message that she can't access my Bose, she still plays preset 1 through 6 as I requested.  She NEVER has and still CANNOT play specific songs or artist as the moderators keep insisting she can.  The Alexa control of the Bose Soundtouch is a FAILURE.

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

@Xyz987 I also get this message from Alexa. However, even with this message that she can't access my Bose, she still plays preset 1 through 6 as I requested.

That is correct, but not how it worked before and should work. The Amazon Echo blue ring spins and spins and spins, so communication doesn't work completely between Alexa and Bose. The command is fortunately executed but occurs in combination with an error that Alexa thinks she can't reach our Bose speaker(s).

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@JeeBee wrote:

@Xyz987 I also get this message from Alexa. However, even with this message that she can't access my Bose, she still plays preset 1 through 6 as I requested.

That is correct, but not how it worked before and should work. The Amazon Echo blue ring spins and spins and spins, so communication doesn't work completely between Alexa and Bose. The command is fortunately executed but occurs in combination with an error that Alexa thinks she can't reach our Bose speaker(s).

I didn't say that is how it should work.  I merely agreed that is doesn't work like it should.  However, it never has been able to do more that play the 6 presets.  I'm thinking about selling my Alexa because the only reason I bought it was to control the Soundtouch app.

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

@JeeBee wrote:

Here also no updates after sending logfiles (other then (again) asking about WiFi settings). It has been working for more then a year and suddenly it's "stuttering"... What is/has changed @bose ? All other stuff using with voice commands from Alexa is just working fine (Hue, Somfy etc.).

@JeeBee  

Here also no updates, only asking information I already provided.

If I ask Alexa tp play preset 1 : ony sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.  and nothing happens.

If I ask Alexa to open the Bose soundtouch control she asks me what she can do 

play preset 1 on kitchen and Alexa answers : sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now. 

But playback starts

Highlighted
Rock Dancing
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

I also have the same issue with the ST control skill. Usually the preset still launches, but only after a very long pause, and with the same error message the others have received.  This morning, it did not launch at all.

1) What SoundTouch system are you using in this instance?

4 systems, ST10, ST20, ST300 (series 1 and series 3)

2) What firmware version is being run on this system? You can find this from the SoundTouch app by going to "Settings", "About", select the speaker(s) you are using, and check the software version this is running.

3) What mobile device/computer is being used in this instance?

Echo Dot, v2; I have multiple devices, but this isn’t the issue

4) What software is being run on this connected device? 

N/A (Dot has no software)

5) What version of the SoundTouch app is being run in this instance? This can be found from "Settings", "About", then "SoundTouch App Info". The App version is displayed here.

N/A (Dot has no app), updated devices to latest app

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

@Andy_Bany updates on this? It's very quiet for some time..

Hi @JeeBee

Thanks for reaching back out. We don't currently have any information regarding this at this moment in time. 

When we do have any more information we will update the community on this. We appreciate your continued patience regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Eferraz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

@Hector_B  Have you guys some Update on this? It has been almost a month since ths Bose Soundtouch Skill is not working? We as customer invest a lot of money on these soundtouch devices. So far no Airplay 2 and now not Alexa multiroom comand and preset experiences. I think Bose need to take some action here please.

Hi Eferraz, 

Thanks for posting and expressing your frustrations about this issue, I am very sorry that you are experiencing this and understand your frustration. I don't currently have any update about this and we will update the community as soon as we know more. 

I can only apologize for not being able to provide you with more information at this moment in time. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

__--Pete--__
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Hey, mine's just started working again!

Didn't change anything.