Highlighted
JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

Looks like it!! Sent 4 different commands all confirmed with;

"Okay"

Very curious what this caused and if Bose had to fix it or Amazon had to take action on it (I replied also @ Amazon with these issues).

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

@ Bose

My compliments indeed Alexa can control al my Bose ST again, and even better than before. As author and starter of this message I would like to suggest to wait with the acceptance of the solution untill Bose officially states that it should be working again.

Due to the fact that there are two companies involved it would be nice to know what went wrong. Today I was thinking to buy a ST 10 for my bathroom, perhaps it could be a ST 20.

Regards to all users, develpers and support members.

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

This morning I had some problems with playing content on all speakers. Alexa asksed if I wanted to play it on the individual speakers or on all. When I said all speakers Alexa repeated the three speakers I have but did not play the content. When I edited my previous message and I tried it one again it worked ????

Seems to be a little instable and what I noticed is that my kitchen speaker always was the central group speaker instead off my kitchen speaker ( Alexa/ Bose ST control chooses it automatically ) In the Alexa App I can create a group of ST speakers which I could not before. Also I can turn on a speaker by asking Alexa to turn on a specific speaker. 

Seems to me that multiple changes are made.

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Till now I'm not facing any issues since it started working again... I only use the following commands;

- Ask Bose to start/stop

- Ask Bose to play preset x

- Ask Bose to turn up/down volume

All still working just fine and commands look like they are executed with less lag then before.

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

@JeeBee wrote:

Till now I'm not facing any issues since it started working again... I only use the following commands;

- Ask Bose to start/stop

- Ask Bose to play preset x

- Ask Bose to turn up/down volume

All still working just fine and commands look like they are executed with less lag then before.

This morning I could play without any problem. Alexa asked me on which speaker or all. I said all speakers and alle speakers started playback of my preset 1. The only difference is that before my kitchen speaker was selected as central speaker and now my front speaker is. This selection is made by Bose Soundtouch control automatically. 

@JeeBee try to ask Alexa directly to execute a command line. eg Alexa stop ( speaker name ) you do not have to Ask Bose to..

Would be nice if Bose or Amazaon could provide the users with a complete list of all commands that can be used.

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Are we just lucky all started working again? Would be nice to see an update from @bose

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I am out of town on vacation and have not been able to try Alexa with my Soundtouch 300 since this supposed fix.  Has anyone been able to say, "Alexa, ask Bose to play (name of song) on Spotify", or is it still only, "Alexa, ask Bose to play preset 4"?

Eferraz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 27, 2014

Remember that there is two Skill (Soundtouch and Bose skill) both of them work diferente and can work together I recomend use both due to limitation of the soundtouch skill of playing only presets

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I am using a Bose Soundtouch 300, not a Soundbar 500/700.

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rob Vanderbroeck

I tried it Alexa says OK but nothing happens. If I manually play Spotify with the ST app, Alexa only states she can play presets.