Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

Since a couple of days Alexa is having problems with the control of my ST speakers. Insteat of saying OK Alexa keeps saying : sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now. I can not start playing content from a preset by voice command Alexa keeps telling me that she is having troubles. If I use the Bose Soundtouch app I can play every source without any problem, if I ask Alexa to increase the volume on my ST speakers she does it but she doesnot say OK but : "  sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now." 

Do you know if there was any change in the Alexa skill for Bose ?

I reinstalled the Echo Dot en removed the Alexa app, deregistered all devices but that did not solve the problem. I asked Amazon support but they will not help me because I use the Alexa app and the Echo dot in the Netherlands and not in the UK or Germany. The Alexa app worked without any problem since I gave a adress in the US as my homeadres.

Do you have any idea who is responsible for the Bose Soundtouch SKILL for Alexa ? 

regards Rob 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rob Vanderbroeck

I tried it Alexa says OK but nothing happens. If I manually play Spotify with the ST app, Alexa only states she can play presets.

73 REPLIES 73
JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Re: sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

I have the same problem. This issue started since a week or so, before that all worked flawlessly. Disable/enable Bose skill for Alexa doesn't solve the problem. It still works but Alexa gives no "OK" back anymore.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting in the community! At the moment Alexa is not supported in the Netherlands which is why you may not be getting the desired experience when trying to use Alexa. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

It has been working for more than 1 year now... I ordered my first Echo Dot in May 2018. Has nothing to do with country support.
Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

I agree worked fine untill a week ago. Both Alexa and Bose where bought in Germany are there users in Germany with the same problems? 

SoundtouchHouse
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Having the same problem and live in the United States. Very frustrating. Never had a problem before until a few weeks ago. Can turn off sound touch devices through Alexa but unable to turn on. 

SoundtouchHouse
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Moderator, the problem exists in the United States and has been an issue for several weeks now. Can turn off speakers via Alexa, but cannot turn on. Tried unplugging, resetting, removing from Alexa, and no fix. Please help.

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

@SoundtouchHouse wrote:

Moderator, the problem exists in the United States and has been an issue for several weeks now. Can turn off speakers via Alexa, but cannot turn on. Tried unplugging, resetting, removing from Alexa, and no fix. Please help.

@SoundtouchHouse  thanks for your reaction, this is what I needed. Alexa and Bose worked fine with the US skill for me for quit some time, if the problem also occurs in the US this means the problem is not caused by any language rescriction.

@Zoe_C  please inform your team that there 's a root problem in the Bose or the Alexa skill that causes this : 

sorry I am having trouble accessing your bose soundtouch control skill right now.

Hello @Rob Vanderbroeck  , @SoundtouchHouse, and @JeeBee !

Thank you all for getting back to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you're continuing to have issues despite this working originally. I understand the frustration and confusion that this would cause, and would be happy to look into this for you!

At the moment, we are not aware of any issues regarding this either for the ST app, or for the Alexa skill directly. As such, can I ask that you all try the following for me to see if this can resolve this issue!

1) As you have already tried removing and re-adding the Alexa skill, uninstalling the app and adding this back, along with removing products, I won't ask that you do this again. Instead, can I ask that you perform a reset on the Wi-Fi router in your household? Once this has reset and all devices have reconnected, please check this again!

2) I would also ask that you try and remove the Soundtouch system from the Alexa app, then place these Soundtouch systems back into Wi-Fi Setup mode. (The steps for how to do this will vary from speaker to speaker, so please let me know which speakers you are using if you're having difficulties doing this.) Once in Wi-Fi setup mode, please add these back to your Soundtouch app, and then add these back into the Alexa app, and try the voice commands again.

3) Please ensure that you are using the Bose Soundtouch Control Skill as well as the normal Bose Skill. Please also check that the name you have given to the Soundtouch system is not the same name as you have given to something else on the network (e.g an Echo Dot and a Soundtouch speaker both being named "Living Room", then try again.

Please get back to me to let me know how the above goes so I can pinpoint this issue for you all!

Liam W

JeeBee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Hi Liam,

Could you please clarify the WiFi reset? I tried all on a new created SSID instead but the problem persists. I have an Ubiquiti WiFi network which performs flawlessly.

I figured out that asking Alexa to switch the preset from 1-6 listening to Tunein radio sometimes gives an okay instead of sorry so it looks like some commands are received without timeout.