Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

soudntouch 10 no airplay 2 support Firmware 26.0.1

Bose product name Soundtouch 10

Country canada

Firmware Version 26.0.1

NO airplay 2 support.  My soundtouch 300, and Soundlink both show up.  But no my Soundtouch 10

Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: soudntouch 10 no airplay 2 support Firmware 26.0.1

Author Accepted Answer selected by cifellc

I contacted the local bose,  I spoke to a service rep and they advised me that I was a known hardware error with the Soundtouch 10 and that it was eligible for a free repair.  They provided a shiping label and I sent it yesterday.  I was advised that it would approximately 2 weeks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hey cifellc,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience - I'd be happy to help with your AirPlay query.

How far from your WiFi router do you have the speaker placed? Also, have you had the chance to reset the speaker and WiFi router by disconnecting both from power for two minutes? Do you ever experience slow internet speeds or lag, which could be an indication of increased bandwidth usage? Or, do you feel your internet speeds are more than adequate to handle all of your devices? I look forward to hearing back!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

It is about 3 feet from my wi-fi access point.   It has no issues playing music from the bose sound touch app.  Including streaming music from a PC in another part of the house.  I have reset both the router and soundtouch 10 multiple times and still do not have airplay access to the speaker.

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

i have also done a hard reset and re-added to network.  NO joy.  still same issue

Thanks for updating us on this Cifellc! 

As the issue still persists, this would lead me to believe that the SoundTouch 10 doesn't have the Airplay 2 chip in it. To get this resolved, please reach out to us via the Contact Us page on your regional Bose website here.

If you have any issues reaching your regional support team please do let us know. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by cifellc

I contacted the local bose,  I spoke to a service rep and they advised me that I was a known hardware error with the Soundtouch 10 and that it was eligible for a free repair.  They provided a shiping label and I sent it yesterday.  I was advised that it would approximately 2 weeks.

View solution in original post

Hey cifellc,

I'm pleased to hear you were able to reach out to Bose support and have your issue resolved! If any other members of the Community come across this thread, please take the same steps to resolve this particular issue.

Also, @cifellc, if you have any other queries or questions for the Community in the future, do not hesitate to reach out again!