Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

soundlink color II will not turn on when pressed.

Hi

I've read most of the reboot threads on this forum. The speaker will not reboot. I am a technician and was wondering if the "Keypad overlay" is available? It doesn't look terribly difficult to install and this is a common problem with machines that use this type of tech. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: soundlink color II will not turn on when pressed.

Hi Cabo91,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am very sorry to hear that your speaker won't power on and would love to assist you further. 

We don't offer any Keypad overlays on our systems so this isn't something that you would be able to install. In regards to the reboot just so we can ensure that you were provided the correct information you can perform a reset on your SoundLink Color II via: 

• Power on your product
  • Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language.

I understand that you have already attempted this but please do attempt this again. I would also recommend that you attempt to perform a system update on the speaker via connecting it to your PC and using our Bose Software Updater here and following the on-screen instructions. Can you please also attempt to power on the speaker when connected via power to ensure that there aren't any issues with the battery. 

I look forward to hearing back from you on the result of these steps and if any other users are also having this experience and have managed to resolve this please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

Re: soundlink color II will not turn on when pressed.

I have had similar issues with various SoundLink Color and Color 2 speakers that have come into my possession. My assumption is that your battery is just so dead, the electronics in the speaker do not even have enough resolve to even know that it should be accepting a charge when it is plugged into power. I found that time and patience pays off big time in this situation. Keep resetting, attempting to update the firmware through the computer, and charging via various usb outlets. My hunch is that eventually your speaker will come back to life. Sometimes a simple reset (as you have no doubt read) revives a speaker,  Other instances it has taken days of fiddling with them. Yet, I have always had luck reviving those “broken” SoundLink Color 2.  Hope this helps for what it is worth :). Beat of luck to you!!