Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

soundtouch 10 doesn't work properly with TP-link deco mesh

I have 2 soundtouch 10 speakers set up as a pair.  Most of the time (almost always) when I activate the speakers they can't find the wifi network, the wifi light keeps flashing white, sometimes turns orange.  We have a TP-link deco mesh system at home, wifi coverage is excellent.  The speakers are connected to different acces points but this worked fine to setup.  Most of the time I need to restart the soundtouch devices (pull out the power) because they don't connect and/or cannot be found.  After a reboot, most of the time they work fine again, until the next day.  This is VERY annoying.

I already tried to give them a fixed ip (using the tp-link deco app) because I read in a forum this could solve the problem, doesn't work.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Re: soundtouch 10 doesn't work properly with TP-link deco mesh

I connected the pair directly to the router bypassing the deco system.  It worked good for a week but since yesterday it's the same trouble all over again, orange blinking lights, device not found...  for sale!

Highlighted

Hey, welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry that you seem to be having some connection issues with your SoundTouch 10's. I'd love to look into this further with you to seek a resolution. 

First, I'd like to gather some further information so that I can provide you with the most efficient support:

- Is your network set up with dual-bands? If so, is the 2.4GHz and 5Ghz separated and name differently or the same?

- What firmware version are they on? You can find out this information through the SoundTouch app. The latest version is 26.0.1. If you're not up to date, please install the newest version - Updating your SoundTouch 10.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2020

Is there anybody who can help me connecting bose to deco wifi. Please help

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

After some more testing I think the issue might not be related to the network itself but rather to the distance between both devices paired.  Is it possible the wifi indicates orange if the paired device can not be found because they are too far separated?  Wouldn't make sense as both use the same wifi but anyway, all testing seems to indicate this outcome

Highlighted

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the extra information on this! It's strange that the distance between the two speakers seems to be affecting this. You are correct that if you have the speakers set as a stereo pair and they are unable to find each other over the network then it would stop the speakers playing correctly, but the distance between the speakers shouldn't affect this.

As moving the speakers closer together does seem to improve your connection between the speakers, how far did you have them apart before? How close together do you need to bring the speakers to get them to work together correctly?

With your mesh network, do you have any way to tell which of the Deco units each speaker is connected to? It's possible that when you have the speakers further apart, each speaker is connecting to a different Deco unit and something in this setup is stopping them from communicating. It would explain why when you bring the speakers together they start working correctly, as they'll likely be connected to the same Deco unit when close together.

What I would recommend doing next is checking the settings of your mesh network against our recommended router settings HERE, to make sure you have the router optimized for the speakers. If you are not sure how to change these settings then your internet service provider, or router manufacturer will be able to help with this!

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!