Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

soundtouch 20 DEAD after update

Hi I really need help to understand what just happend today.

I got a new wifi in my house, and wanted to put the new password in my Bose soundtouch.

I plugges the Ethernet cable in the radio, and used my app on telephone. It found my Bose speaker, and told my to update. I did update it, it took like 3-5 minutes, I looked on the Bose screen and it went to a 100% update. Then it went for a blink, and then all black! I waited for a time thinking it was installing or so... but after some minutes it was still black screen. It is alll DEAD. 

I tried to unplugg, and tried the "2 + -" for 5 second... No reaction.

Also tried AUX for 15 second. No life what so ever.

Pls help me out

Best regards from Norway

Grimstad

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Re: soundtouch 20 DEAD after update

I have 11 soundtouch units - multiples of each - SoundTouch 10 - SoundTouch 20 Series III - SoundTouch 30 Series III - Bose SoundTouch SA-5 Amplifier

When the latest update took place, all of the speakers started resetting and rebooting non-stop. we need to get a real software upgrade that corrects the problem started by BOSE. I never had a problem belofore - EVER!!!

Now we are home hiding from the VIRUS and we cannot listen to music. BOSE must take responsibility and release an update to fix this problem. thousands of dollars on speakers that stopped working because of a poorly tested firmware upgrade. This was a required upgrade, we did not have a choice but to ruin the speakers. unbelievable

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Hi - did you get anywhere with this?  My Soundtouch 10 is the same.  Just dead.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Stop tormenting yourselves - this worked for me - took a long time but it worked - I have 11 units - TY

Courtesy of Marty K.

This was happening to me as well.  @deepanker100 posted a solution to this, so all credit to him.  1) remove the speakers from your account, 2) factory reset all of them (hold the 1 button and the down volume button for 10 seconds), 3) sign out of your account in the app, 4) create a new account in the app, and then 5) add the speakers back in to the account.  This has completely fixed the issue for me.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Hi

Well, as we speak it is a new problem for me. The speaker is totally dead. I have to go to the store and ask what they will do about it. If they are open? (Corona)

I will let you know

Best regards Grimstad

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Thanks for answering me.

I have only a black screen! I try to turn on, nothing happend! I try what you say: press 1 and sound - for 30 seconds, NOTHING!

Only Black screen.

Is there any other smart pressing button metodes?

Highlighted

Hi Grimstad, Thanks for your post. 

If your speaker is still unresponsive, I would recommend reaching out to our team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our team will be more than happy to assist you!

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

I have the same problem... please help!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Hi moderator