Highlighted
Spigget
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

soundtouch 30 connecting to soundtouch app issue

hi can anyone help me? I have recently purchased a soundtouch 30 and ive down loaded the app for both my phone and laptop but everytime I try to use the app it keeps making me setup the speaker connectivity then does nothing. what am I doing wrong? at the moment the speaker has 'follow soundtouch app instructions' ………… the instructions from the soundtouch app on my laptop were 'your soundtouch is connected to the wifi please disconnect the cable' and that was it...…….. what have I done wrong

10 REPLIES 10

Re: soundtouch 30 connecting to soundtouch app issue

Hi @Spigget,

Thank you for taking the time to post - apologies for the issue connecting your SoundTouch 30 to the SoundTouch app. I'll be more than happy to assist you with this.

The SoundTouch 30 speaker will need to be put into setup mode before you're able to try connecting to the mobile SoundTouch app. To do this, press and hold the number 2 and volume down buttons at the same time for five seconds.

When using the PC app, you'll need to connect the USB cable from your speaker into your PC. Once the SoundTouch app has found the speaker, it'll ask you to choose the WiFi you want to connect it to and also to name the system. At what point is the set up failing for you on? Are you being asked to choose a WiFi to connect the speaker to?

Have you been able to try set up with the mobile SoundTouch app yet, on your smartphone?

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Spigget
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Hi sam 

This is how it goes when I try to connect using the app

* sign into app

* agree to privacy policy and terms of use (everytime i sign in)

* 'searching for speaker' comes up takes ages

* press 'add speaker'

* says checking for updates then goes to setup screen

* select wifi

* setup

* put in hub password

* eventually comes up with 'system not found on network's

Speaker screen says 'select a preset or explore music on the sound touch app' 

Wifi light is solid white 

* tells to retry or start over, everytime I do this I get the same results 

I can connect using bluetooth just fine but not through the wifi 

I must say I'm not very pleased with this product at the moment, always thought bose was a top product.

Hope you can help 

Cheers spigget

Hi @Spigget,

Thank you for updating me on what you've been trying.

What I may advise is that next time you attempt the setup, select the option for 'Speaker already connected to network' - since your speaker is showing a solid white WiFi LED on the display.

Alternatively, you may be finding that router settings are blocking the speaker from being connected to the SoundTouch app, which is why you're seeing the 'System not found on network'. Have you seen this error message since the first time you attempted to set up? Have you had a new router installed into your home recently?

The process of set up you listed in your latest post, was that when using the mobile or PC SoundTouch app?

Warm regards,

Sam F

Spigget
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Hi sam 

This is the 1st bose speaker I've had, I bought it at the end of November as a Christmas present for my wife. It's done this I installed the app a week or so ago. 

My router is a standard BT router that they provide you with, I've never had an issue with anything else in the house (TV's, phone playstations)

I used the mobile app when setting it up.

I did read on some other chat that it may need an update? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as if I don't sort it soon I'll probably be taking it back and replacing it with a sonos lol

Cheers 

Spigget

Hi @Spigget,

Thank you for your update on the situation!

Were you able to try the steps I listed? If you're noticing the speaker is showing a solid white WiFi LED, this indicates the speaker has made a connection to your WiFi.

When you go to set the speaker there will be three options; WiFi, Ethernet, and Speaker Already Connected to Network. If you could select that third option to say the speaker is already connected, the app will search and it may be found on the next page.

Also, when you try connecting to WiFi on your mobile phone, do you see two different options - one for 2.4G and one for 5G?

An update may need to be pushed through to help the speaker but we'll look at that if things have not improved for you.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Spigget
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Hi sam 

Yes I tried the steps you said but no difference. The light is solid white 

I have chosen the option 'speaker already connected to network' and it finds it with the option 'setup' under it, I click this it asks to name it, I press enter and after 10 seconds it comes back with unable to connect and the speaker has o  the screen 'follow sound touch app instructions' the app just say 'exit'

With regards to connecting to wifi with my phone it just connects.

Cheers 

Spigget

Hi Spigget, 

Thanks for getting back to us. I am very sorry to hear that this issue persists. 

Were you able to look into the WiFi options on your device? Do you see two different options - one for 2.4G and one for 5G?

What I would next suggest is that we perform a manual update of your speaker. You can find instruction on how to perform this via this link. 

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Spigget
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Hi Tegan

I'm not sure what you mean by options for the wifi? My wifi is just a BT hub I've never had to choose any options just plugged it in and it works lol. Could you elaborate on this please 

Cheers 

Spigget

BillieM
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

I'm getting the same issue. I get to the part where it says searching for speaker and it can't find the speaker. The wifi icon is white so I know the speaker is connected to the network. I have tried setting up with my firewall disabled, same issue. I set the router to 1 band, same issue. I've updated the software on the speaker, same issue. I'm sitting here with a brick essentially.