Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

soundtouch app not connecting to itunes on windows 10 PC

I am in UK.

I have 1 soundtouch speaker and 2 wave speakers connected via soundtouch adaptors which I have been using with no problems for a few years.

I now have a new PC which only has a 256gb C drive but a 2tb D drive.  I therefore want to put my music files on the D drive.  I have installed itunes on my D drive successfully but is there any way to get the soundtouch app to use the D drive?

I am using the latest versions of itunes and windows 10.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: soundtouch app not connecting to itunes on windows 10 PC

Hi LJD,

Welcome! Thanks for posting!

With the SoundTouch app and iTunes, the XML library file does have to be stored in a certain place for the SoundTouch app to be able to access it. On Windows 10, this location would C:\Users\[username]\Music\iTunes. 

You could potentially still store your music on the D drive, but the library file itself would need to be stored in this location on the C drive to be added to the app.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Re: Sound Touch app not connecting to iTunes on windows 10 PC

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean to just move the XML file to drive C and have everything else in the iTunes folder on D?

Or move everything back to drive C apart from the actual "music" file?  

Your word "potentially" worries me!

Highlighted

@LJD, the best way for you to do this would be to install iTunes on your C drive, so the library file is in the correct place. You can then store your music wherever you like as long as it is in the library. You could also try and spoof it by creating that folder structure and sticking your XML file only on the C drive but that's not recommended and may not work. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Thanks Vicky for your reply.

Your second option I have already tried and it did  not work.

Could you explain about your first option please.  I understand about installing iTunes on the C drive but could you elaborate on "store music wherever you like as long as it is in the library"?  Do you mean I can store just the "music" folder which is in iTunes Media on drive D? and leave everything else in the iTunes folder on drive C? In which case how do I tell iTunes and SoundTouch where it is? Also if I move the "music" folder to D it will not be in the library?