Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2015

soundtouch speaker appears within the spotify app (via spotify connect)

just noticed my soundtouch speaker appears within the spotify app (connecting via spotify connect) as shown. this appears even though i have not added spotify as a service in my soundtouch app (android)

so is this a new thing spotify have enabled or would it be something bose have enabled recently? sure i have not noticed before but only had spotify premium for a week so may have missed it. either way it is a useful feature. only real downside is gapless is not possible if connecting this way 😔.

Screenshot_20200804-102506.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: soundtouch speaker appears within the spotify app (via spotify connect)

Author Accepted Answer selected by alphabetagaga

Hi alphabetagaga,

Welcome! Thanks for posting!

This is something that Spotify have available through their app. Using their "Spotify Connect" feature, it can pick up compatible speakers on your Wi-Fi network to allow you to play to them directly from the Spotify app. You don't need to have your Spotify account linked to the SoundTouch app for this feature to work with your speaker.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: soundtouch speaker appears within the spotify app (via spotify connect)

Author Accepted Answer selected by alphabetagaga

Hi alphabetagaga,

Welcome! Thanks for posting!

This is something that Spotify have available through their app. Using their "Spotify Connect" feature, it can pick up compatible speakers on your Wi-Fi network to allow you to play to them directly from the Spotify app. You don't need to have your Spotify account linked to the SoundTouch app for this feature to work with your speaker.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post