Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: wireless speakers for solo 5 soundbar

Author Accepted Answer selected by nursenana

Hi,

I also have a Bose Solo 5 and I combined it with two ST III 20's and one ST III 10. If you buy a Soundtouch wireless link adapter and connect it to the imput of the Solo 5 you can play roomfilling multiroom.

Regards,

Rob

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hello nursenana, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

The Solo 5 TV Sound System is not compatible with any additional wireless speakers. I apologize if this may be disappointing for you. 

If you are looking for a system that does allow the addition of wireless speakers, I would recommend checking out the Smart Home Soundbars. The Soundbar 500 or Soundbar 700 are both compatible with the addition of a bass module and wireless speakers. 

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to reach back to me.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by nursenana

Hi,

I also have a Bose Solo 5 and I combined it with two ST III 20's and one ST III 10. If you buy a Soundtouch wireless link adapter and connect it to the imput of the Solo 5 you can play roomfilling multiroom.

Regards,

Rob

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for helping out here. 

That's a great idea and I am so happy that it works for you. 

If any other users have any ideas we would love to hear from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Thanks. Know where I can buy them? I'm from Pa

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Is this for tv or just music? I am tech stupid ! I have a bose solo 5 soundbar and I want to put background sound behind my couch but don't want to run wires. What would I need to do this? I guess it has to be compatible for solo 5? Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

@nursenana wrote:

Is this for tv or just music? I am tech stupid ! I have a bose solo 5 soundbar and I want to put background sound behind my couch but don't want to run wires. What would I need to do this? I guess it has to be compatible for solo 5? Thank you in advance.

In my case the sound which I can play through the Solo 5 it is both for TV and music. I use a switch on the back of my TV to set the sound input for the Solo 5. If you connect a ST wireless link adapter to the input of your Solo 5 you are able to play music to additional Bose Soundtouch speakers ( which are wireless ). You can put those speaker(s) behind your couch and you can play the same content on all speakers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxippWnqkaY

I also use Alexa from Amazon to controll my speakers with only voice control. Works great ( again ) 

Tell us what you think: https://bose.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6ysb2UzGMb8e4Sh?v= In this video, we'll show you how to group your SoundTouch systems and ...