Adjusting bass for Soundware via Bose Connect Android App.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Adjusting bass for Soundware via Bose Connect Android App.

Your documentation states that all I have to do is:

1. Once the app is installed and the speaker is connected to your device, tap the gear icon (Settings) in the top right corner
  2. In the Settings menu, select Bass
  3. Scroll left or right on the dial below the number to adjust the bass. The bass adjustments are "0" for the highest (default) and -8 for the lowest

As you see in my provided screenshot, there is no Bass menu selection from the Settings menu.

So... My question is: How do I increase the Bass level for my Soundware device?

Screenshot_20190829-151409.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJeff_G

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adjusting bass for Soundware via Bose Connect Android App.

Hi CJay, 

Thank you for following up.

I have notified the department to get this documentation edited. 

The Adjustment is a Bass reduction rather than an increase so the most bass will be at 0. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi CJay, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having adjusting the Bass. You are in the right place, you just need to click on the Dialogue Adjust and you will be able to make all your adjustments. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Silent Starter

One sign of good customer service is the speed at which support responds to a customers request for information or assistance. In that, you have exceeded expectations, Thank you.

You asked me to update you as to how I get on. So...

Where Bose has failed to meet an acceptable level of service for their entire customer base, is not taking the necessary steps to update published documentation. Not doing so creates confusion for the customers that are trying to understand all of the product capabilities and limitations. I expect much better from the Bose brand.

UPDATE THIS: https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/Adjusting-bass-soundwear.html

The menu item you pointe to only allows for bass reduction for verbal speech (live or recorded).

So then, Am I to understand that the bass set at zero is the loudest possible and that the Soundwear device is meant to provide upper and midrange quality audio with little to no bass?

Hi CJay, 

Thank you for following up.

I have notified the department to get this documentation edited. 

The Adjustment is a Bass reduction rather than an increase so the most bass will be at 0. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O