Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Bose 20 companion speakers aren't working with my windows 10 PC nor are they recognized

Assistance would be much appreciated.  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose 20 companion speakers aren't working with my windows 10 PC nor are they recognized

Hi KameStar,

Very sorry to hear that your speakers are not being recognised. 

So I ensure that I provide you with the most accurate information, is this the Companion 20, Companion 20 II or Companion 20 III?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Re: Bose 20 companion speakers aren't working with my windows 10 PC nor are they recognized

Companion 20

Thanks for confirming. 

Are you connecting the audio cable from the PC to the audio input on the back of the speaker or on the control pod? Either is fine, but try testing with both to see if either work. 

I also recommend checking to ensure you are connecting to the audio output on the computer. This will either look like a headphone icon, or if you have several ports, it will be the light green colored port. 

Please let me know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

I tried both ways but still not working

Thanks for letting us know that KameStar!

As neither of these connections is working with your computer, do you have another device with an AUX or headphones output you could connect the speakers to? If your phone or TV has a 3.5mm headphone port on them you can connect the speakers to those. If you do connect your speaker to any other devices do you get sound then?

I'd also recommend testing another 3.5mm AUX cable with your speakers and computer, to make sure it is not the cable that is stopping the speakers from receiving sound from the speaker.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

I got a new 3.5 mm aux cable and my pc is still not recognizing the speakers

Hi KameStar,

Did you also test the speakers with another audio device to make sure they are working? If the speakers are not working when connected to another audio source as well as the computer, you will need to reach out to your local support team to discuss the service options available to you. You can find the contact information for them at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

When you are choosing the speakers as your output on the computer, they won't be recognized as a separate output called "Companion 20". To select the speakers you would need to choose the option for the computer's default speakers/headphones as they are connected to the headphones output. 

I hope this helps!