rtonade
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2020

Bose Companion 2 Series 3 stopped working

I've had these speakers since 2017. All of a sudden it stopped working last night. I have tested it with different gadgets and it did not work. I plugged my headphone into the computer that these speakers were connected to and that works. It appears that something went bad in the speakers. I anticipated this speaker lasting more that 3 years. Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L

Re: Bose Companion 2 Series 3 stopped working

Hi rtonade,

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting!

When you say that the speakers have stopped working, what exactly has happened with them? Have they stopped playing audio, no longer turning on, or has something else happened?

Checking the speakers with other gadgets is a great troubleshooting step to try when testing any issues with so thank you for doing that and letting us know!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rtonade
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2020

The speakers are turning on, but no audio output. I tried it with different gadgets and its not working.

On the flip side, I tried different speakers/headphone with the computer and it worked.

Keith_L

Thanks for letting me know that rtonade!

Do you have anything connected to the headphones connection on the speakers at all? When you have anything plugged into this port, it will mute the speakers themselves.

If not, and you are still not getting any audio, then I would recommend reaching out to your local support team at this point. They will be able to help you set up a service for your speakers, to get them back up and running. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!