Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2020

Bose Companion 20 - burned DC Power point

Dear Bose & community,

I have seen a similar enquiry on the forum dates 2018, but can't comment there. Basically I have been using BOSE Companion 20 for the past many years, probably >5 with original power cable. Used with computer & TV. Had no issues until 30 October connected it to my TV and seen a burning smoke coming out of the Right speaker, picked it up quickly and seen that the DC input melted. By coincidence the curtains next to TV didn't catch fire. Anyways not sure if it can be repaired neither do I know why this happened, but I wish Bose to take into account the issue. I will contact local authorised distributor in Singapore to see if I can pass them the broken set for R&D purposes.

IMG_1449.jpegIMG_1451.JPGIMG_1452.JPGIMG_1448.jpeg 

Pls see the photo.

Thanks

Rgds,

Alexey

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose Companion 20 - burned DC Power point

Hi Daxon007,

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry to see what has happened. 

Please contact your local Bose product support team where an agent can assist you with this matter. You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Thank you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2020

Re: Bose Companion 20 - burned DC Power point

Hi, thanks for the recommendation. Reached out to our local customer service, they said they will inform Bose on the matter. Hopefully this issue will be fixed or already fixed on future Bose products.

thx