Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

Bose companion 20 volume low

Stereo, Docking & Other

i have 2 unit Bose companion but some unit have little different sound volume. volume is low than other.

not too loud. i think this sound volume not good as the loud one.  i have change the adaptor, and volume pad control to low unit but nothing change to this low unit. but found the right speaker the problem is more low than the good one. is there any one know or admin know what the problem is ? is the component inside the low unit broken? what i have to fix ?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Bose companion 20 volume low

Hello coolermaster59, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having audio level issues with your Companion 20.

Have you tried using different audio cables and have you tried using the speakers with another device?

If the problem persists, I would recommend getting in touch with local support to discuss your options for service here.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

i cant find in website to service . im from indonesia ..where i can find bose service nearby.

or can u give me step how to disassembly bose companion 20 speaker box without scratch it..because i look that box dont have screw.  u can give me disassembly to my email

thanks

Highlighted

Hey coolermaster59, 

Thanks for updating us on this! 

You can find the customer support page for Indonesia here

We won't be able to advise you on how to disassemble a Companion 20 as this isn't something we recommend doing. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

i call that bose service centre in indonesia they said bose companion 20 is unrepair product they can't do anything for that product.  is there any solution from u ?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

I had a similar issue on my Bose companion 20 once. The left speaker did not have as high of volume as the right speaker. At first, I tried cleaning (with rubbing alcohol and cotton) the connector that plugs into the right speaker from the left one. This did not help much. In the end, changing out the 3.5m  audio cable from my source to the speakers fixed the issue!  In fact, I purchased a new high end 3.5 to 3.5 cable and it made all the difference. 

Hope this helps. Best of luck to you!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

my problem is not cable. because i have 2 unit bose companion 20. im allready subtitute the volume pad and audio cable 3.5mm from each unit. nothing change. i found the right speaker that have low volume. i think the circuit bord for tone is broken. and bose companion 20 that cant be open for repair.

to bad this product cant be open without scratch the box. bose service in my country said this product is unrepaired type because can't be open....