Calls dropping regardless if incoming or outgoing

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Calls dropping regardless if incoming or outgoing

When I am on a call, I begin to hear the other person sounding like they are talking underwater, then a cracking feedback sound, and then the call completely goes blank. I switch to speaker phone and then back, and the call does the same thing, only quicker. Music and audio books function flawlessly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJeff_G

Accepted Solutions

Re: Calls dropping regardless if incoming or outgoing

Hi 1775R, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! I am sorry to hear that the steps did not resolve this issue. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to assist you with this exchange/replacement if the system is in warranty! 

If you have any issues contacting the team in your region please do let us know! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

3 REPLIES 3

Hello 1775R,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Soundwear Companion Wearable speaker, I would be more than happy to help you with this today. Firstly, I would recommend trying a product reset, you can find steps to do this below:

(Note: A factory reset clears connected devices and language settings from your speaker and returns it to the original factory settings.)

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth® indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

Secondly, I would also recommend clearing the pairing list of the speaker and reboot the Bluetooth device you are using, please see the steps below to reset the speaker:

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone

Could you tell me if this happens on all calls or just on particular calls? I would also suggest trying another device with the speaker if you have one available?

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Silent Starter

Zoe, First off, thank you for the detailed response. I accomplished each thing you sent and the issue continues to exist. Even when I lose the call, I switch to speaker phone, then back to the Bose Soundware, and I lose the call quicker on the second time, as was the case before... What is next? I would like to exchange this for another Bose Soundware. How can we accomplish this? Thank you....

Hi 1775R, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! I am sorry to hear that the steps did not resolve this issue. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to assist you with this exchange/replacement if the system is in warranty! 

If you have any issues contacting the team in your region please do let us know! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B