rxnicc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Companion 2 Series III Popping Sound

I just installed Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers on a Dell All in One Series 5000 computer.  They sound fine but there is intermittent, erratic "pop".  This sound does not occur with the built in computer speakers.  Is there a fix for this ?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Companion 2 Series III Popping Sound

Hi Rxnicc, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the 'pop' you are experiencing. I'll do my best to help you resolve this. 

I would recommend performing a reset on the speakers. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with this. 

Let me know if this improves the issue you are experiencing!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
rxnicc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

I followed the procedure and I plugged the speakers into a different receptacle and the problem is resolved.  Thank you very much.

Highlighted
rjl991
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

I had an issue with my Companion series 3 subwoofer popping. I followed the instructions by turning off the system, but also disconnected everything, just as an added measure, since I was already disconnecting power. I can't say this extra step helped, but after I reconnected after 6o seconds, I found the popping went away. Glad there is a "reboot" for the sub! I was worried I would have to replace my beloved companion series speakers! So glad I don't! Love this system!