Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

Companion 5 can't be turned on

This is so sudden, usually there was no problem during usage. But when one time I plugged off the power cable because I need to use the power socket for other cable. Then when I plugged it back to use... the control pod only showed green light but without sound for about 2 minutes and then gone dark. When I touch the control there was no response, when I unplug the power cable and try it into other socket then same thing occurred. Please help, I already tried to plug-unplug the control pod and power cable several times and it still can't be turned on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Companion 5 can't be turned on

Author Accepted Answer selected by spyder_val

Thanks for updating me on this! 

I'm sorry to hear that the steps we provided did not resolve this for you. As the issue still persists,  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hey Spyder_Val, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you are unable to power on your Companion 5. 

Let's attempt to reset the speakers, to do this please follow these steps below: 

• Turn off the device connected to your product
  • Disconnect the power cord from your product for 30 seconds.

Can you please also let us know if you have attempted to connect the speaker to another device as the Green LED would indicate that the speakers are receiving audio and playing it?

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps.  

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

Hi , thank you for your response.

I already did the first two steps you told me earlier and yes I already tried to connect it with two or three different sound source before and still no good. The green light gone dark again like it has no power on it and no response or anything by touching it. The green light will turned on again when I tried to disconnect and reconnect the power source but that's it. No other thing happened.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by spyder_val

Thanks for updating me on this! 

I'm sorry to hear that the steps we provided did not resolve this for you. As the issue still persists,  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

Oh and also for your information, I'm using a 3.5 to 3.5 cable jack from my notebook to the control pod for the sound input. And I also already tried to give it a shot with another 3.5 to 3.5 cable jack and it still no different, thus since the cable works on different device so I assume nothing is wrong with the cable jack.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

Thank you for your kind assistance. But I would like to ask, is it common issues for this problem? Because if it is, from now on I will not try to unplug the power source ever again.

Highlighted

You are more than welcome! 

This isn't something that I have personally seen or heard of before, so this is a unique issue. If you plan on unplugging the system again please ensure that it is fully powered off before unplugging. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

Hi, I wanted to inform you that now my companion 5 is active again after I tried the steps you told me the other day several times. But there is a single problem that the control pod won't be turned off. So it would be active all day long but I am too afraid to unplug the power to try and restart it again.