Compatibility Issue - Skype for Business

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Compatibility Issue - Skype for Business

I've been noticing a couple of issues with my soundwear device.

1.  Sometimes during a skype call  it disconnects from my PC 

2.  I get constant complaints about the quality of sound coming from the mic on the soundwear device while on a skype (and sometimes on a phone) call

3.  There are times when skype completely freezes when I'm connected to the Soundwear device, and won't 'unfreeze' until I kill the power to my soundwear...

Please help!

KDKirkwood

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Compatibility Issue - Skype for Business

Hello KDKirkwood, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you are having some problems with your Soundwear Companion Speaker when you are using Skype for Business. 

Have you always experienced this problem when the speaker with Skype, or has it recently started behaving like this?

I would first recommend resetting your speaker to its original factory settings. This will clear connected devices and settings and return the speaker to its original state. To do this: 

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button and Volume - button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

Another suggestion would be to check for and install any available firmware updates. You can do this by navigating to btu.bose.com on your computer laptop. 

Once you have done this, get back to me and let me know if there has been any change. 

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Thanks Charlotte,

I just recently started using the soundwear for Skype after using it consistently for phone service.

When I first experienced the problem I updated the firmware as one of the first steps in the process.  I then cleared all other devices and tried again.  

It acts like a 'memory leak' in that the device works fine when I first get on the skype call and then degrades fairly quickly.

I've resorted to using a Logitech headset on Skype calls...  I would prefer not to continue that.

Thoughts?

KDKirkwood

@Charlotte_G wrote:

Hello KDKirkwood, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you are having some problems with your Soundwear Companion Speaker when you are using Skype for Business. 

Have you always experienced this problem when the speaker with Skype, or has it recently started behaving like this?

I would first recommend resetting your speaker to its original factory settings. This will clear connected devices and settings and return the speaker to its original state. To do this: 

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button and Volume - button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

Another suggestion would be to check for and install any available firmware updates. You can do this by navigating to btu.bose.com on your computer laptop. 

Once you have done this, get back to me and let me know if there has been any change. 

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Hello KDKirkwood,

Thank you for getting back to me and elaborating on those details. 

It seems like there is some kind of compatibility issue happening here as you are only experiencing this specifically in the setup. 

Could you please check your settings on Skype and ensure that you are utilizing the Hands-Free Protocol (HFP) when using the SoundWear Companion Speaker. 

Additionally, if anybody in the Bose Community has experienced this or a similar issue, your thoughts and ideas are welcomed. 

Let me know how this goes.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G