Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2018

Computer Speakers Options

1.  What are the best options for replacing my computer speakers?

2. Do any of them have brackets for mounting on a wall or a credenza ceiling rather than using desk top space?

3. Can they also receive music from a Bose Home Theater system, so I don't have to have two speaker systems to play music from one or the other?

Bose product name

Country

USA

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Computer Speakers Options

Hey Reg1987,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

In regard to your questions, are you having issues with your computer speakers currently and looking to have these serviced/replaced? Could you let us know the computer speakers you have, so I can confirm whether there's an option for alternative wall mounting to take up less desk space? Finally, it sounds that you're looking to group stream music with another Bose system in your home, is that correct?

Could you let us know more about that system so I can advise on the possible options for group streaming?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2018

Replacing my Dell Laptop in my study.  Currently, have a Harmon Kardon HK395 woofer and satellite speaker set attached to my laptop.  Dell offers the Bose® - Companion® 2 Series III Multimedia Speaker System (2-Piece) for the new laptop.  My current Harmon Kardon speakers are fine, but 7 years old.  Should I upgrade? 

If so, I was inquiring as to whether these Bose Companion speakers could be hung underneath a credenza rather than sitting on the desktop?

Also, curious if they could also be remotely driven from either my current Bose LS 48 in my family room or a likely upgrade soon to a LS650?

Currently, my family room LS48 is driving a Lifestyle RoomMate Powered Speaker System sitting on top of the credenza.  So, I was trying get a way from my laptop and my home sound system both having separate speakers in my study.

Thanks.....Ron

Highlighted

@Reg1987 Whilst this sounds like a fantastic set up, It's not something that would be achievable through any of our computer systems. Firstly, we don't have any brackets available, but you are welcome to explore 3rd-party options. Secondly, our computer speakers cannot be remotely driven to work with your Lifestyle 48. If you did upgrade to the Lifestyle 650, there could be a workaround to group the speakers with the system. This would require our SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter which could be connected to your computer speakers via AUX. Then, within the SoundTouch app, you can group your Lifestyle 650 with the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter  You could actually double up on the adapters and connect one to your Lifestyle 48 (if you choose not to upgrade to the Lifestyle 650) and then group both of the adapters. This is just a suggestion using the technology we have available. 

I also welcome the Bose Community to offer resolutions they may have. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!