Highlighted
jpags
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Connecting to an aftermarket Bluetooth transmitter

I am very interested in purchasing the SoundWear Companion Speaker, but my TV is not natively equipped with Bluetooth, so I assume I'll have to purchase an aftermarket Bluetooth transmitter.  To overcome latency, many of these products use aptX Low Latency technology.  Is that technology supported by the SoundWear Companion Speaker?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Connecting to an aftermarket Bluetooth transmitter

Hi jpags, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

None of our products support aptX Low Latency Technology so this transmitter would not work fully with the SoundWear Companion Speaker. The speaker supports HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP Bluetooth profiles. 

If you or any other users have any other questions about the product please do let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

jpags
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Hey Hector, thanks so much for your input!  I'm wondering about the speed capabilities of these other technologies that you mention, i.e. how they compare to the aptX LL?  I understand that the latency using aptX is advertised as 40 ms.  And, do you have any preferences among them and would you know their published latency?  Thanks!

Hello jpags, 

Thanks for getting back to us! 

I am afraid that we do not have access to this information nor can we recommend third party products. I apologise for any disappointment regarding this.

I open this discussion to the wider community to provide further comments regarding this. Do let us know if you have any recommendations or experience.

Kind regards,

Tegan M

jpags
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Hi Tegan, I wasn't looking for a product recommendation, but rather, which of the listed technologies you feel best suits the Bose Companion Speaker.