Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

EQ issue after resuming playing music from a call

Hi there,

I just purchased happily a bose soundwear, I think it is a perfect speaker if you are working remotely, and active during the day in your confined space. 

On this matter, I have a burning issue, which I believe is on Bose's software end. 
When I am listening to music from my computer and receive a call from the computer,
Bose does some Equaliser change for the call. After the call is complete, when I get back to my music, the sound lacks lows and mid channels. To get back to normal, I need to change my computer's audio source to the system then switch to Bose. Once I do that, bose updates the EQ after a couple of seconds and that rich low and mid channels come back.

I am sure the issue is on Bose's end because I can hear the refreshment on the EQ after the switch and low and mid channels coming in again. Can I get some support on this issue? I would not like to change the audio source of my laptop to fix the issue, every time I pick up a call and return to my music afterward. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Re: EQ issue after resuming playing music from a call

Author Accepted Answer selected by nobaddays

Alright, thanks for the answer Sam. 
I actually found the cause, Shazam on my computer somehow blocks the bluetooth connection.
Not exactly sure what it is causing, but it is interfering with microphone settings, and some sound output settings as well.

All is well right now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hey @nobaddays,

Thank you for taking the time to post. From what you've described, it sounds like you're noticing a change in the audio when the sound wear product is used for taking calls - do you know if the connection changes to 'Hands-Free' in the Bluetooth list on your computer?

Have you ever encountered this issue when listening to audio and taking a call from a mobile device? If not, would you be able to give that a try and let me know what you find?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by nobaddays

Alright, thanks for the answer Sam. 
I actually found the cause, Shazam on my computer somehow blocks the bluetooth connection.
Not exactly sure what it is causing, but it is interfering with microphone settings, and some sound output settings as well.

All is well right now.

View solution in original post