JYL
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Getting very frustrated with lack of response from Support.

Here is my original post:

"I am posting from Texas, USA. My husband's Bose Companion Soundwear speaker, that we have owned for about 8 months, started acting strange. He keeps it connected to the television. It suddenly started emitting a constant beeping tone and he could not turn it off or increase or decrease the volume with the buttons. I tried to turn it off by holding the power button down for 10 seconds and it would not shut off, the beeping continued. I put it on the charger and the beeping stopped. I took it off the charger, I turned it on, and the beeping resumed. I hooked it up to my PC and checked to see if it needed to be updated. It did not. I did a hard reset and used the Bose Connect app on my iPad to set it up again. As soon set up completed, the beeping resumed. I have done that two more times and attempted the online updater again. It is up to date."

Here is the response:

"Hey JYL, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you are having a strange beeping issue with your SoundWear Companion. 

The steps that you have performed should have resolved this issue for you. As the issue still persists, I would recommend reaching out to us via the Contact Us page here for further support with this. "

So that is what I did. The automated system informed me that I was eligible for an in-warranty replacement and that I would be receiving an email within 24 hours with a mailing label to return my item.

After not receiving the email for just over a week I attempted to contact phone support. I received automated responses requesting my serial # and other info but they never got back to me about my actual issue. However, they did text me to ask for my feedback regarding the 'support.'  As you can imagine, my response was not positive.

Tonight I attempted again to "Text Bose" to the number provided. I am not even getting an automated response at this point.

After that, I have tried entering ANOTHER service ticket hoping it would allow resending the email. But, instead, it directs me through the whole process of requesting a warranty replacement and waiting

I HATE that I cannot get ahold of a real person at any stage of this. There are no options beyond these to get this taken care of.  With an item that has a unique serial number, I should be able to walk into a Bose store and easily exchange my item for a new one.

I am extraordinarily frustrated by this "process." It should not be this convoluted.

Hopefully, I will get an email within the next day. If not, I am going to need options beyond the automated text for support line.