Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

Motorcycle Helmet speakers?

Hello,

I'm a little hesitant to ask with all the problems bose seems to have in this forum and recently having to return a soundbar to Costco because it just quit, forums there said that's normal. Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this but I got a new motorcycle helmet that has an ok sound and I'd like to know what others have done to implement the Bose sound in their helmet. I'd prefer to just swap out and solder the speakers.

Thanks

-Sean

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Motorcycle Helmet speakers?

Hey Omniscientwon, 

I am sorry you experienced issues with your soundbar I can assure you it is not normal for a soundbar to just 'quit'. Can I please ask what happened?

In the meantime, we do not currently sell any speakers that are intended for motorbike use. Have you checked out our in-ear headphones?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

Hi Vicky,

About the soundbar. It worked great for almost 2 years. Then, I hadn't turned it for a week or so (vacation) and when I turned the TV on, the soundbar didn't. I checked the plugin. remote batteries, different plugin, etc. I then went online to see if there was some sort of reset and was on the forum, first let me say it was really hard to find this particular model # but when I did, I found that it was very common and another weird thing is on your website (at the time) under soundbars you didn't even have it listed. So then I thought you produced it just for Costco and I caught a bad run or something.

I guess I got my $200 worth out of it, I'm especially grateful for Costco accepting it.

About the motorcycle speakers. I thought for sure someone would chime in and tell me get whatever model number headphones and rewire those into my helmet....No one says anything..Vicky are we the only ones in here. Are you screening these messages?

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear that, omniscientwon. Does the power supply feel cold to the touch when everything is plugged in? If so, it could be faulty and may need replacing. You can get in touch with local support here to seek replacement parts.

The forum is public, everyone can see your post. It's a niche idea so it could be a while before you get a response from a member with a similar idea.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!