Highlighted
ETDortmund
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Mute microphone

Happy user of the soundwear - though I am missing one very important functionality

- acc to the user guide (as far as I understand) - I shall mute during a call by pressing + and -

I am using it mainly as a headset during phone conferences via my PC, and muting is must have functionality - but the above does not work, when using it as a headset - am I doing something wrong or do I miss anything?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mute microphone

Hello ETDortmund,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry that you are having some issues with muting from your SoundWear Companion during calls. 

It is correct that you should be able to mute using the Vol + and Vol - buttons simultaneously.

Are you using standard cellular calls or VoIP services?

I'd recommend ensuring that your device is running the latest available firmware. You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer.

Please let me know if you continue to have problems with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

ETDortmund
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Thx Charlotte for fast reply

So far I am using only VOIP services - indeed. Connecting the Soundwear as normal "Headset Microphone" and "Headset Earphone" - in the Windows settings, the vol + and minus does not mute anything.

Firmware is 3.0.3 - should be the most actual version, isn't it?

BR

Ernst

Hi Ernst,

Thank you for providing us with that information. The firmware 3.0.3 is the latest version so it should not be an update being needed that is causing the issue. 

Just to gather a bit more information, can you confirm whether the volume controls work when they are pressed independently on the Soundwear? Also does the mute function work when we have the Soundwear connected to a mobile device and we are using it for a call on the mobile device? And as one last bit of information what software are we using for the phone conferences on your PC?

Kind regards,

Keith L